John Humphrys retires from Radio 4 Today

Gabriel

Will have annoyed many over the years, and his style can be abrasive, but he's been good at his job and will be missed. Hope I'm as lucid if I ever reach 76.

Not sure if this should be in Politics forum, so feel free to move Mods.

Will have annoyed many over the years, and his style can be abrasive, but he's been good at his job and will be missed. Hope I'm as lucid if I ever reach 76.

Not sure if this should be in Politics forum, so feel free to move Mods.

Agreed Gabby, I will miss his interviews. Shame he never got Boris on. Just shows really how scared Boris was of being confronted by some home truths like the guy in the hospital yesterday.

Agreed Gabby, I will miss his interviews. Shame he never got Boris on. Just shows really how scared Boris was of being confronted by some home truths like the guy in the hospital yesterday.

That fear is something of which we should all be afraid. Think I heard it's 3 years since Corbyn agreed to go on and be interviewed. No matter your political hue, you should want your politicians to be grilled intensely. A sign of changing times.

That fear is something of which we should all be afraid. Think I heard it's 3 years since Corbyn agreed to go on and be interviewed. No matter your political hue, you should want your politicians to be grilled intensely. A sign of changing times.

There are many, and you can count me as one, who've given up on Radio Four because of the Today Programme, and specifically the likes of Humphries.

He's a right wing shouty little fucker who should've been kicked out years ago.

So a posh Jim White then?

So my sauces tell me ;-)
81yfr5bmg7L._SY355_.jpg

Last edited:
I met John Humphrys at a conference I was running nearly a decade ago. He came across as a good guy but he was being paid to be there.

He seems to have upset some snowflakes along the way from both ends of the political spectrum. I think he will be missed by most.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.