John Stones - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't care what the idiots say, Stones is clearly improving by the game. He stopped 3 clear goal scoring chances tonight. Brilliant performance.

Man of the Match IMO.

He blocked two certain goals, made numerous big tackles - the one on Mané was wonderful, and was strong in the air too.

In the last month he's really looked like the kind of defender you can build a defence around, really encouraging to see.

Man of the Match IMO.

He blocked two certain goals, made numerous big tackles - the one on Mané was wonderful, and was strong in the air too.

In the last month he's really looked like the kind of defender you can build a defence around, really encouraging to see.
Yep. Apart from the Falcao goal he has been brilliant these last couple of months.

I retain that I have not seen much to criticize about Stones. He may make mistakes but at least you can trust him and today he was the stand out player at the back with some crucial tackles.

Definitely maturing, hope to see him grow into a real leader over the next few seasons. I like it when he really takes the initiative and drives into midfield, he's got the ability to do that more often.

Credit to both centre backs both at some point made crucial blocks and tackles.

Agree with that. Stones was absolutely mustard today, and RM will deffo be in for Otto if he keeps playing like that.

Mention for Willy too - marvellous game, and saved our bacon a couple of times

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.