John Stones - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I've been saying to everyone who's been incorrectly suggesting that "Stones needs a leader next to him," I keep telling them, No Stones IS the leader. The rest are just older. He was the leader at Everton and is the leader here. Its his personality.

Born to lead. John Bigballs Stones.

Like I've been saying to everyone who's been incorrectly suggesting that "Stones needs a leader next to him," I keep telling them, No Stones IS the leader. The rest are just older. He was the leader at Everton and is the leader here. Its his personality.

Born to lead. John Bigballs Stones.

Agree with you here. But he could definitely benefit from having a Kompany type player beside him so he can develop more leadership qualities. Stones' has been marshalling around the rest of the back line in a lot of the games, you always see him telling the full backs where to cover and he doesn't shy away from screaming at them when they've left him high and dry. He's been growing in confidence as of late and if he continues in this vein we'll have a fantastic captain in years to come. Really glad we signed him.

Post-match liverpool was dominated by penalty debate, but after the game Guardiola enthused about Stones. "He has more balls than anybody".

3 months ago, Sane after a difficult start had a really good game against Arsenal, got injured but came back a new player, and has been a truly exciting player to watch. My favourite player at the moment

I am wondering if Stones performances against Monaco and Liverpool are going to be same for him. Two man of the Match performances. I remember watching him once play for Everton at Wembley in a semi-final and Everton were losing at half time I think. 2nd half Everton gave it everything. They were getting beat, and Stones led them. I think they ended up getting beat, but it was a truly outstanding performance by him and it was the first time I really noticed him as a player. he's not really done that at City, until the 2nd half at monaco, and then we saw more of the same against liverpool. I think it's clicked for him.

I think he's a good sort too. Always stays behind after the game to clap the fans, even when no one else does. Going to be the Captain of MCFC. Maybe even next season?

Very impressed with his character lately. I think that fuck up to Falcao has absolutely lit a fire under the lad.

That was the error that he couldn't put down to tactics or being in the wrong place, it was all on him.

And you could tell from that moment he was pissed and is showing a new confidence in his performances.

Here was me thinking he started the game like a rabbit in the headlights & almost gave liverpool a goal start from a hopeful punt upfield.

He did so in the Monaco game as well, to his credit, in both games, he improved massively, doing what he was bought for.... bringing the ball out.

You can obviously see the player is in there and he has indeed improved his reading of the game, he now has to offer up some consistency and also be less predictable, the amount of times he boxes in the full back drives me nuts, he has to be more confident in his ability!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.