John Stones - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He did so in the Monaco game as well, to his credit, in both games, he improved massively, doing what he was bought for.... bringing the ball out.

You can obviously see the player is in there and he has indeed improved his reading of the game, he now has to offer up some consistency and also be less predictable, the amount of times he boxes in the full back drives me nuts, he has to be more confident in his ability!

Yes indeed, he has a habit of starting badly, then improving. In some games, he looks a top player by the end of games, in others not very good.

He is very much a work in progress which could go either way. Pep is trying to build his confidence, which is 90% of it imo.

He just isn't & never will be Beckenbauer on the ball, but he's a decent passer, with a big strong physique, & that's potentially ideal for a Pep team in the Prem in a centre back position. But he needs to be confident & decisive or he will end up being overtaken.

lot of people forget that he just 22 years old. he has lot of time ahead to improve.
hope we will sign Van Djik, to be partnered with Stones.
along with new fullback and keeper, we are set at the back.
sadly for Kompany, with all of his injury, i just can't see he will stay much longer under Pep.

Alongside Rudiger
There's better options than Rudiger out there IMO.

I can't think of any better option out there at the moment except Bonucci or Vertonghen. Rudigier has the aggression and athleticism of Mangala but has a proper football sense- confidence, composure and plus he throws in some calculated tackles here and there. I would definitely take him over Laporte / Van Dijk.

I thought he looked good for England at the weekend seemed to lead the defence at times, very composed setting the example for others to follow, he will be England's best CB before long, whether the doubters want to accept it or not.

Who is considered England's best at the moment? Cahill? Could already be on the decline and as good as he is all around, has he ever been considered world class in any area?

Another top performance by stones today getting better and stronger every week starting to look like the leader we need a future city captain for many years!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.