John Stones - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can’t really see this happening unless (a) we have another centre-back lined up or (b) Pep thinks Tosin’s ready to make the step-up.

It would be very disappointing if he is sold. He was in great form before injury and can surely get back up to that standard. Also we are very unlikely to get anywhere near what we paid for him so can't see it happening.

If others are saying that @OB1 they certainly have the wrong end of the stick. Not a chance you play like he did with it being a fluke. It is not like a winger bombing on and having a sweet year then dropping off. His consistency and calmness is born of something deeper rooted than a flush season. A chancer simply can't do what he has done

Next season will see him switch a bit again with Kompany and Nico but after that when Kompany hangs his boots up? i would bet a large amount he is our captain for the foreseeable future then.

It's odd that this story is not going away yet but that neither means it has or does not have legs: you can't always be sure when press stories are bollocks. Sometimes you start to be able to smell whether they have the aroma of bovine excrement or a whiff of truth but I am nose blind on this one.

I agree with Nev that Pep will kill this dead on Friday if it is complete nonsense.

I really don't see why Pep would give up on him now; unless, for instance, Toby has agreed to do Walker and JS is now the odd man out. I've said before though that Vinnie is a special case and we might carry an extra defender in order to mitigate the risk of keeping him on board but that, I'm afraid, is where a JFE could come in.

So 23 year old John Stones, who was recently got rave reviews for England, scored 3 goals in 5 games in the CL games, who plays passes through the middle like no-other defender in the league and in this record breaking City side has the highest pass success rate in the squad (96%!!!!!) is going to be sold by Pep with an aging Kompany and Otamendi.....

*hold my drink - I cannot stop laughing!*

He's had 3/4 good months in 3 years and almost gave 2 goals away in his last game for England. Doubt we'll sell him yet but he's got to improve massively for the level we nedd.

Can’t really see this happening unless (a) we have another centre-back lined up or (b) Pep thinks Tosin’s ready to make the step-up.
No evidence what so ever to suggest that Pep thinks Tosin can step up next season. Stones departure seems premature given his excellent early season form which sadly deserted him after that injury before Xmas.

He's had 3/4 good months in 3 years and almost gave 2 goals away in his last game for England. Doubt we'll sell him yet but he's got to improve massively for the level we nedd.

He doesn't need to improve massively. He needs a little more consistency in his all round game; although it would be hard to be more consistent in his passing as he still has the best pass completion stats in the league for anyone who has made it into double figures in games played.

He doesn't need to improve massively. He needs a little more consistency in his all round game; although it would be hard to be more consistent in his passing as he still has the best pass completion stats in the league for anyone who has made it into double figures in games played.

Not on about his passing but his constant backing off and general mistakes he makes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.