John Stones - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think there's been plenty of praise for Stones as well as Maguire to be fair. Can understand why so many people are talking about Maguire as he wasn't even sure of a starting spot a few weeks ago and he's surpassed expectations.

Also disagree with those saying Dele Alli has been over hyped this tournament. Most pundits and writers have correctly pointed out that he has contributed very little.

Not seen much media recognition about how composed Stones has been. The focus seems to be all on Maguire

Probably how Stones likes it for now. Recognition can come after the tournament. I imagine for the moment he's just happy getting on with it.

My first choice defender for next season. Being in and out of the team doesn’t help him
I’d get Stones and Laporte in from the start, they and Ederson are our heart for the next decade so may as well get them all used to each other as early as possible. As good as Otamendi was last year he’s not the future and you don’t get any histrionics with Stones or Laporte neither, I rarely take to players who are soft as shit like Otamendi. And Kompany is not the future neither, even as a club legend and club captain I’d still go with Stones and Laporte from the get-go.

I’d get Stones and Laporte in from the start, they and Ederson are our heart for the next decade so may as well get them all used to each other as early as possible. As good as Otamendi was last year he’s not the future and you don’t get any histrionics with Stones or Laporte neither, I rarely take to players who are soft as shit like Otamendi. And Kompany is not the future neither, even as a club legend and club captain I’d still go with Stones and Laporte from the get-go.
Otamendi isn't soft as shit pal. Nails that lad

Otamendi and Laporte will start the season due to Stones and Vinnie still being in Russia. But Stones and Laporte will be our first choice centre back pairing by time September.

He still makes some silly mistakes,which is not doing him any good, i don´t know what was he thinking,when Mandzukic scored and he was late for some other occasions as well, he is good with the ball and with his head ,but needs to improve his positioning and defence if he wants to stay the in Citys starting 11 for a long time

He still makes some silly mistakes,which is not doing him any good, i don´t know what was he thinking,when Mandzukic scored and he was late for some other occasions as well, he is good with the ball and with his head ,but needs to improve his positioning and defence if he wants to stay the in Citys starting 11 for a long time

Bollocks. Been Englands best defender all tournament.

The performances he's put in having had to cover and nanny young, maguire and trippier all tournament have been nothing shortbof extraordinary. He, godin and varane have been the best cbs by a country mile this tournament and he's England's real captain.

Sorry but this is complete bollocks, he was brilliant today and the goal was conceded because Maguire was marking Mandzukic and didn't pass him over to Stones properly.

Poor positioning? That's hilarious, he was perfect today, cleared everything, made blocks, knew exactly where to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.