John Stones - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unrecognisable from the skinny, mistake prone kid we signed. He is rock solid now. Reads the game incredibly well and added real physicality to his game.

Unrecognisable from the skinny, mistake prone kid we signed. He is rock solid now. Reads the game incredibly well and added real physicality to his game.

The media would have you believe that he was mistake prone. My son, like me a City fan, used to go to Goodison regularly to watch a bit of footy. He used to come home raging at the number of Everton fans who would be screaming for Stones to get rid every time the ball went near the defence. He's been raised watching City, of course, so he could not understand why you wouldn't want a player like that to play his game. He also said that the screams and indrawn breath would drive any player to mistakes but they were few and massively over publicised.

The media would have you believe that he was mistake prone. My son, like me a City fan, used to go to Goodison regularly to watch a bit of footy. He used to come home raging at the number of Everton fans who would be screaming for Stones to get rid every time the ball went near the defence. He's been raised watching City, of course, so he could not understand why you wouldn't want a player like that to play his game. He also said that the screams and indrawn breath would drive any player to mistakes but they were few and massively over publicised.

I think Stonesy might have had players around him at Goodison who, collectively didn't, or couldn't, buy into the sort of game at which he excels. It amazes me how much our defence can be pressed and yet still out-pass the pressers. It used to be heart-stopping but now yer know that they are all confident in their and each others' capabilities.

I think Stonesy might have had players around him at Goodison who, collectively didn't, or couldn't, buy into the sort of game at which he excels. It amazes me how much our defence can be pressed and yet still out-pass the pressers. It used to be heart-stopping but now yer know that they are all confident in their and each others' capabilities.

It is fantastic to watch and comes from having so many at the back comfortable with the ball, and a manager who believes in that style of play.
When Stones was at Everton, the thought of playing it at the back was not supported by the manager or the terraces. It must be hard on the player if your style of play simply doesn't fit. I suppose that it was the same for Joe Hart with us, post Pep.

I was actually more impressed by Stones than any other player yesterday. Kev gave an eye-catching MotM performance for sure and got my vote in that regard but Stones was so close to being faultless; it wasn't a surprise but his development is a joy to watch.
I love him mate,he has everything.....physicality,organisation,leadership and ability......and yet he somehow still manages to go unnoticed or doesn't receive the accolades his brilliance deserves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.