John Stones - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was unlucky to fall over. He needs to review his last ten minutes that was magnificent and stop playing football and be a centre half. He can do it by denying his footballing instinct.

He had a really good game apart from the fall. Brilliant, as you say, late in the game.

He’s so close to being a brilliant brilliant centre back

The good thing is, against Villa he didn’t let his head drop like usual and carved out a brilliant performance.

Johns reaction to a mistake usually seems to be to let it consume him for the rest of the game, with that on his mind it doesn’t allow him to play his natural game.

Was nice to see him block out the mistake and continue a fine showing

He just needs to get to the point where he doesn’t make those mistakes in the first instance, I like John, I really do - but at the moment he seems like the weakest of out centre half options

There was enough in that 2nd half performance to show he is worth persisting with.

There really is no need for some of the vitriol aimed at our players when they have a bad run.

I can only think that those who do it either have forgotten or were not around when we had some proper clowns play for us.

he is doing the right thing as a senior player,backing john up as he knows what will be said

It's a nice thing to do, but he never writes comments supporting Otamendi or Walker does he? Stones' confidence appears to be completely shattered and a senior player feeling like he needs to publicly defend him seems to reinforce that idea.

It's a nice thing to do, but he never writes comments supporting Otamendi or Walker does he? Stones' confidence appears to be completely shattered and a senior player feeling like he needs to publicly defend him seems to reinforce that idea.
Maybe he just knows that john needs some support as a english player the media target him badly at times

Good to see Fernandinho supporting him.

No-one should be immune from criticism and I've never been a happy clapper like some and have criticised and will continue to criticise and praise Stones (and anyone else) where it's a fair point but I'm not sure laying into him for falling over comes under that bracket.

It's a good job Gerrard never played for us. He would have been hounded out the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.