John Stones - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
To think some people on here wanted us to pay 30m for JFE and 50m for Ake.

Some opinions should be null and void.

Arsenal need a CB. a blind man can see that.
Upamecano is costing upwards of £35m and its a bigger risk then Stones. he's Young, only played In German League, and is super rash..

what foreign or english CB can you get for £25-35m that has the same Upside & "Potential" as Stones?

Arsenal aren’t getting Upamecano so you can toss that in the bin right now. And I have no clue, they’ll probably sign a teenager from Ligue 2 or something, or more likely just give Luiz another year. They probably won’t have a choice.

Sokratis (32) <-- Contract Untill 2021
Mustafi (28) <-- Contract Until 2021
Holding (25) <-- Out of Favour, Injury Prone

Pablo Mari (27) <-- Left Footed
David Luiz (33)
William Saliba (19)
Chambers (25) <-- Season Ending injury. Mostly a RB

Cédric Soares (29) Is a Right-Back.

Arsenal With Arteta is probably the best destination for Stones, but not the only possible one.

Last edited:
I don't get why selling him is even a priority for some people.

We already need to replace Otamendi and apparently replacing Sane isn't even going to be a priority because of that.

Getting rid of Stones would just make things even more difficult.
Plus he's homegrown. The biggest problem for him is, and always has been, injuries. This was also the case at Everton, the guy can't keep himself fit to cement his position and then when he comes back he is not immediately at it like Kompany was or even how Laporte is. The first 11 waits for no man, for you to get into it you need to be available all the time and when you get your chance you have to take it. That's what happened with Bernardo when KDB was out and that's what's happening (by the looks of it) with Mahrez since Sane has been out. I don't know what Stones needs to get his body sorted, whether its more yoga to stretch or less of certain workouts like it was with Bellamy, but he needs to figure it out fast or even the fact that he's homegrown won't save him.

Problem is Stones is not very good, there is no point keeping player who is not good enough.

We'd be one injury away from Stones being in key role. Thats scary given how error prone he is, then again next year we are in the market for yet another CB. Might as well replace both of them now and forget the CB position for a while.

Plus he's homegrown. The biggest problem for him is, and always has been, injuries. This was also the case at Everton, the guy can't keep himself fit to cement his position and then when he comes back he is not immediately at it like Kompany was or even how Laporte is. The first 11 waits for no man, for you to get into it you need to be available all the time and when you get your chance you have to take it. That's what happened with Bernardo when KDB was out and that's what's happening (by the looks of it) with Mahrez since Sane has been out. I don't know what Stones needs to get his body sorted, whether its more yoga to stretch or less of certain workouts like it was with Bellamy, but he needs to figure it out fast or even the fact that he's homegrown won't save him.

If we get a good CB in the summer then Stones is the 5th choice CB.

Laporte, new guy, Fernandinho, Garcia, Stones.

So for me the only question is if wed get more money for him now or in 12 months time. Hes at rock bottom now, so maybe after a bit of a rebound next season and more money back in football he could be worth something.

If we get a good CB in the summer then Stones is the 5th choice CB.

Laporte, new guy, Fernandinho, Garcia, Stones.

So for me the only question is if wed get more money for him now or in 12 months time. Hes at rock bottom now, so maybe after a bit of a rebound next season and more money back in football he could be worth something.
The timing is so poor for a sale. With two years left on his contract you’d ideally sell him this summer, and maybe in a normal year you could talk Arsenal into it, but between the virus, and everything going on with him for some two years now I don’t see how he gets moved unless Newcastle do something silly. At this point the move is to just hold on and hope he rebounds into something.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.