John Stones - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The timing is so poor for a sale. With two years left on his contract you’d ideally sell him this summer, and maybe in a normal year you could talk Arsenal into it, but between the virus, and everything going on with him for some two years now I don’t see how he gets moved unless Newcastle do something silly. At this point the move is to just hold on and hope he rebounds into something.
What price do you think would be fair for Stones this Summer?
taking into account:
  • the current market
  • his age & potential
  • his "fitness issues"
  • contract length
Now what price do you think would be fair for Stones if the financial situation of clubs were "Normal" (No Covid)

taking into account:
  • the current market
  • his age & potential
  • his "fitness issues"
  • contract length
Now what price do you think would be fair for Stones if the financial situation of clubs were "Normal" (No Covid)

You do not replace a first team defender, which to Pep he is without buying his replacement and bedding him in, if we buy this season Stones will understand the situation, if we leave it to Garcia to challenge Stones will laugh the challenge off

You do not replace a first team defender, which to Pep he is without buying his replacement and bedding him in, if we buy this season Stones will understand the situation, if we leave it to Garcia to challenge Stones will laugh the challenge off
Eric Garcia is ahead of Stones in the pecking order. So is Fernandinho.

I was just pointing out that whatever "decent" price we get for Stones (in this Covid Summer) is a good deal for us.

Simply because in normal circumstances, even after the last two seasons Stones had, we would be hard pressed to sell Stones for anything we consider "Fair Value" this summer.

If we do not sell stones this summer, we need to offer him a new contract.(Expires 2022)

Eric Garcia is ahead of Stones in the pecking order. So is Fernandinho.

I was just pointing out that whatever "decent" price we get for Stones (in this Covid Summer) is a good deal for us.

Simply because in normal circumstances, even after the last two seasons Stones had, we would be hard pressed to sell Stones for anything we consider "Fair Value" this summer.

If we do not sell stones this summer, we need to offer him a new contract.(Expires 2022)

you may believe Stones is behind Garcia and Fernandinho but i very much doubt he does, as for his contract running our his wages mean more to City than than any fee would be, but there is a way to replace and with CB`s continuity is key, and wages will be the new FFP restrictions

you may believe Stones is behind Garcia and Fernandinho but i very much doubt he does, as for his contract running our his wages mean more to City than than any fee would be, but there is a way to replace and with CB`s continuity is key, and wages will be the new FFP restrictions

He's 100% behind Fernandinho.

taking into account:
  • the current market
  • his age & potential
  • his "fitness issues"
  • contract length
In a normal market I think you get 35-40m or so, likely structured with a bunch of add-ons. It’s a short list of clubs that he makes sense for on whatever wages he’s on. Arsenal, maybe Everton for sentimentality, and who?

This summer I’m not sure there’d be any bidders, but half that, maybe. And we’re not selling John Stones for 20m, which is why he’s stuck here.

In a normal market I think you get 35-40m or so, likely structured with a bunch of add-ons. It’s a short list of clubs that he makes sense for on whatever wages he’s on. Arsenal, maybe Everton for sentimentality, and who?

This summer I’m not sure there’d be any bidders, but half that, maybe. And we’re not selling John Stones for 20m, which is why he’s stuck here.

£20m likely structured with a bunch of add-ons. so lets say £30m max.
now do we sell Stones for that Price? or we offer him a new Contract?

If don't sell Stones & Next season for him goes the same as this one( so 3 straight years of "Stonesy")

how likely are we to find someone that would pay £30m+ for John Stones in 2021?

Last edited:
Sign a new defender first. Then offer Stones a modest contract and see where he stands. If he wants to stay to try to fight for a place fine. If he's not up for it then you sell him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.