John Stones - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the 2017/2018 season they had really good games together. But i think the problem today is the options they have to play out from the back. And this is where Kevin comes in to play. He is always watching if the defenders have enough options to play the ball. if not he automatically drops deeper. The same for Kyle. They simply play better when Kevin plays in front of them.
I didn’t notice too much improvement when he came on today.

Yeah people on here have been sharpening their knives for John ever since Laporte got injured. I didn't even think John made too many fuck ups today. Certainly not as many as Zinchenko, Walker and Otamendi. They were even blaming Otamendi's mistake on John as well.
Stones was not great today, but was certainly not the worst culprit when it comes to brainfarts today.

Maybe not. But it is not easy to come in a game when you are 3-1 down. One more counter attack can be deadly and in the same time you have to try to create chances.
Yeah, but it was hardly Barcelona we were facing. Let’s put it down to an international break hangover.

John is good footballer but his confidence is shot, looks shit scared when the ball is close to our goal. Was bringing the ball up very god quite a few times though. He was better part of CB duo. By a mile.

He ignored Pukki thinking he is offside and let him run through for the 2nd. For as much as you protect him for his mistake prior to the 3rd goal, then you surely should blame him for the poor choice of pass for Norwich’s 3rd which contributed to the goal. Some people can just recognise that he is severely error prone when does not have his confidence up. He can be brilliant but he needs someone to command him otherwise he is in trouble.
The "first" CB is always the one to determine the offside line. The second goal is all on Walker, it's criminal for a full back to be so far behind his centre back. He looked like a 12 year old playing his first season with new offside rules there.

He ignored Pukki thinking he is offside and let him run through for the 2nd. For as much as you protect him for his mistake prior to the 3rd goal, then you surely should blame him for the poor choice of pass for Norwich’s 3rd which contributed to the goal. Some people can just recognise that he is severely error prone when does not have his confidence up. He can be brilliant but he needs someone to command him otherwise he is in trouble.

Sorry, I disagree. Pukki would have been offside if Walker wasn’t playing him on, Stones knew what he was doing holding the line, it’s not his fault Walker went walkies. As a full back, one of the most important rules you learn, or rather should learn is hold the line with your Centre backs or don’t go behind them and that’s what Walker did unfortunately. Also can’t blame Stones for the third goal, all Otamendi needed to do was play it back to Eddy ffs and we wouldn’t be discussing that third goal.

He seems to always be weighed down by his own thoughts. I get the feeling he’s a bit of a worrier, it’s always a mental battle with him. Seems to be what’s held him back from reaching Pique levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.