John Stones - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's suddenly become quite a crucial player. Needs to find some consistency because Laporte is bound to miss some time no matter how positive/negative the diagnosis.

We need him back quickly. As good as Fernandinho is as cover, there were still a couple of moments yesterday where you could tell it's not his natural position.

Don't forget we got 100 points with him and Otamendi at the back.

Hopefully he can stay fit for a longer period

Lol.

PANIC!
He played really well in the partnership with Nico before he got injured against Leicester, in the 100 points season, nobody was panicking about him then. I’m sure he’ll come back in and do very well. I also don’t agree with a post I’ve just read that said they thought Fern, whist he did well filling in at central defence the post they felt you could tell that he’s not a centre half, I thought he was brilliant, I would probably try him with Stones and not Otemendi because of his height. Could be the answer.

Don't forget we got 100 points with him and Otamendi at the back.

Hopefully he can stay fit for a longer period

Last year was a bigger achievement, considering how hard we were pushed... one of Stones biggest fans, however, if he fails to take the opportunity to really become a leader and invest in his game, then his time will becoming to an end next summer, there’s no excuse, step the fuck up and do it with more consistency!

Last year was a bigger achievement, considering how hard we were pushed... one of Stones biggest fans, however, if he fails to take the opportunity to really become a leader and invest in his game, then his time will becoming to an end next summer, there’s no excuse, step the fuck up and do it with more consistency!

There are certain areas of the pitch we need to be set for the long term when Pep leaves. GK, CB, and all 3 midfield spots. If we have young, experienced players in those positions then we will be able to carry on what Pep has started for 3, 4, 5 years after he's gone.

Ederson, Laporte, KDB, Bernardo have sorted most of it. Rodri looks like the final piece in midfield, but we need another CB and I agree with you, if Stones is still not first choice by the end of this season then we need to find someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.