#5 | John Stones - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a brilliant guy on one of these react channels (Arsenal fan TV guy) who refuses to celebrate whenever Kane scores. It's pathetic. Celebrates every England goal but when Kane scores, he just sits there while everyone else is jumping around him. Imagine being that bitter.
Erm, I could never cheer Rooney and the rest of that team tbh I never wanted them to lose but I wasn't sitting cheering them on tbh.

I will always say John Boy is great and the best because he flipping well is, no one will ever convince me otherwise! But then I have always been stubborn and strange! (However, usually correct!) So the media can go stew in their own juices. John Boy is a hero. :-)

I don’t think Stones himself will mind that Maguire (or Dias) get most of the limelight, I think it’ll suit where his head is at just fine to be running under the radar. Not being spoken about at least shows he’s doing nothing wrong, which is the most essential thing for a CB. That he does so much right that doesn’t get lauded enough I don’t think will bother him, the people that need to know know.

Last edited:
I don’t think Stones himself will mind that Maguire (or Dias) get most of the limelight, I think it’ll suit where his head is at just fine to be running under the radar. Not being spoken about at least shows he’s doing nothing wrong, which is the most essential thing for a CB. That he does so much right that doesn’t get lauded enough I don’t think will bother him, the people that need to know know.
Agree, I think if anything all the pressure and press reports went a bit to his head and coupled with personal things it all fell apart. He has been lauded as the "Barnsley Beckenbauer" etc for years. Now he is just getting on with his job, he won't care one bit as long as the medals keep coming in.

it’s the same at city. It’s mainly been Dias who gets the praise

Yep, he’s been the most accomplished defender at the tournament, while Dias had to be babysat by a 38 year old Pepe.

It’s the same reason Vidic and Terry won Player Of The Year awards while Ferdinand and Carvalho who carried them never did - you barely notice the truly great defenders with proper football IQ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.