#5 | John Stones - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s had a very good season, but I’d still love to see Dias and Laporte get an extended run together.
Me too, we have to convince Laporte to stay and i think the team will be better balanced with right and left footed CH's.

Stones has played really well at times this season, but has been a bit shaky and has not looked as confident since he made a mistake in that England game.
He was all over the place early on tonight and could have cost us a few times.

Pep had him following werner ans so he ended up on our left a lot. Should have trusted the defence to work as a unit as it has and not have them man marking

They both looked shaky tonight no surprise as Pep thought it best not to pick Fern and give them no protection what so ever.
I agree I think the teams confidence was shaken with no ferna to protect back four and break up stuff in midfield

Hesitant, unsure, lacked courage with the ball, held on to it far too long, slowed far too much down.

Wasn’t exactly helped by Gundogan Foden Bernardo and de Bruyne jogging around the middle of the field when Chelsea’s players were sprinting around like their lives depended on it to close down passing lanes.

But still had his worst game of the season.

Hesitant, unsure, lacked courage with the ball, held on to it far too long, slowed far too much down.

Wasn’t exactly helped by Gundogan Foden Bernardo and de Bruyne jogging around the middle of the field when Chelsea’s players were sprinting around like their lives depended on it to close down passing lanes.

But still had his worst game of the season.
thats true...slowed down to much..not only him to be true! And its way more difficult to break a tight defensive and well organized team with all that slow passing, big time holding the ball ,etc,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.