#5 | John Stones - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always thought Laporte should be in our first 11. Also like the balance of a left footer and right footer. Think we will lose Laporte now, not convinced Stones can be relied on long term.

Didn’t even think he was that bad

Put any CB in that situation without any DM cover and they’ll look weaker
Is the right answer, Fern playing would have instantly made us more solid as a unit, too many are ready to jump on the John Stones bashing bandwagon but this defeat isn’t on the defence it’s on Pep’s team selection.

Like his mate Dias he looked bewildered and hung out to dry,not scared.

As has been pointed out above,the tactics didn't do him or anyone else,on our side,any favours

100% agree, I've wrote in other threads the omission of a genuine defensive midfielder fucked the whole team over, some people agree and some don't, in my opinion the defeat was on Peps non selection of Fern thus allowing Kante a free role and offering the centre backs no protection and exposing our weaknesses.

100% agree, I've wrote in other threads the omission of a genuine defensive midfielder fucked the whole team over, some people agree and some don't, in my opinion the defeat was on Peps non selection of Fern thus allowing Kante a free role and offering the centre backs no protection and exposing our weaknesses.
Fundamentally,it also shoehorned players into positions that didnt get the best out of them.Criminally,Pep allowed it continue way beyond the point we could have fixed things.

let's just pray,after this occassion.....it has finally sunk in that fixing things that aint broke never helps.

Fundamentally,it also shoehorned players into positions that didnt get the best out of them.Criminally,Pep allowed it continue way beyond the point we could have fixed things.

let's just pray,after this occassion.....it has finally sunk in that fixing things that aint broke never helps.

Exactly, no more square pegs into round holes, was hoping Pep learnt his lesson after the Lyon fiasco.

This is not true. Not by any stretch of the imagination. (although admittedly i have wiped all memory of this game).

I can't think of a worse performance by Stones this season, he's been immense for us, if it's any consolation he wasn't the worse player on the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.