#5 | John Stones - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure why he’s got three pages worth of comments about the game on Saturday and Dias hasn’t tbh. If anything, I thought Stones covered Dias’s mistakes more than the other way round.

Still has parts of game that worry me. But overall, as critical as I was of him, he has proven most wrong and stepped up when it mattered. Really glad, hopefully that contract extension follows soon.

Has been a class act this season. I know Ruben gets most of the plaudits but Stones has been immense this season and after being written off by many it’s a real testament to him that he has come back this season and proven what a top defender he is. My only criticism of him is that some times he backs off a bit too much when an attacker is running at him, I just wish he would engage a bit more but apart from that a fine defender.

And he seems a really top bloke.

I thought he had a good game yesterday.

Also, he was the key to understanding England's problems. In the first 30 minutes he was playing normally. Then he starts playing uncharacteristically. Long passes, dribbles, forays forward.

If the pundits/commentators noticed that then they'd have seen just how problematic England's midfield was.

He was the MOTM from an England perspective,the only defender to try and play football and build from the back as well as a threat from set pieces.Not his fault he was playing with a very average partner and two under performing full backs.
While he is no Dias.....im sure John will welcome back slabhead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.