#5 | John Stones - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of his biggest critics over the last 12 months , but pleased the lad has shown how good a player he can be against Olympiakos and Burnley , we have a derby game in a couple of weeks , if he plays and shuts that lot up then just maybe he still has future , looks like Pep has gave him another chance and hope he takes it.
Same here, I have been critical too. It is only because I want Stones to succeed though as his time here has been very frustrating. Two solid games on the trot now and confidence breeds confidence. He needs to steadily increase his form to be consistent and reliable and that will be against much better teams than Olympiakos and Burnley. I'm really hoping Stones can step it up and keep it up because he is playing for his future at the club. Any more set backs and loss of form could see him sold next summer. I wish him well.

Like others, I’m really pleased to see this apparent turn in Stones’s fortunes. He’s had a royal battering on here. Well done, Pep, for rewarding his performance in Greece.

If this is the start of his rehab, we’re moving back to the happy situation where we’ve a choice from several decent CBs.

I hope he will continue to play every game with that kind of anger, aggression, hunger and dedication..

I think when Pep saw - how he fought till the end literally for every ball - he decided that Stones will play the next game as well. Of course he is still "one mistake away" from being substituted, but that kind of pressure will make him even better and stronger I hope.

It's fantastic how soon club improved in terms of central defenders and now Pep has 2 top class players for each position there..

Is it time for 3-5-2 ?

He actually looks a bit more built since last year, he looks more commanding in the air also and aggressive

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.