#5 | John Stones - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t see what KK would of done last night any different to stones defensive wise.

also KK would of been able to play that pass that led to the penalty

I've seen Van Dijk, plus plenty of other top defenders, do the same in that position many times.

After last night I'm more confident that he can get back to his best, ala 17/18.

Get outpaced? Apart from against Sane I haven’. With Stones any ball down the sides or over the top he’s struggling big time.

I felt he had his best game in a long time, left very exposed by ake flying up the pitch to press leaving him with a quick attacker making runs. Ake is quick and needs to be the one covering balls over the top not stones. It also quite clear not many of you have played centre half before because the runs podence are impossible to stop if you don’t have the pace.

Why are people making excuses for him?
Several times he got caught, and the look on his face showed he realised that. The mistakes were from ball watching and then not reacting.
He's been here long enough to show if he is good enough. That hasn't happened.
For me, he just isn't capable of concentrating for a whole match. When things get tight, he just starts looking more and more confused. No amount of training is going to change that.
Has the phrase "Shit, Stone's is injured we are going to really miss him" ever been uttered?

People are just doing what the rags do with Pogba. Know there is some skill in there, and try and engineer ways to get the best out of him.
My opinion is that we should never have bought him. And that he should have went long before now.

However, i would never judge him on one game. If he gets a run in the team and avoids yet another injury, then maybe he can turn things around.
I would love it if he actually proved me wrong...

Last edited:
Has the phrase "Shit, Store is injured we are going to really miss him" ever been uttered?

Yes, when he did his hammy against Leicester in December in the 100 point season. But in general I agree with what you said, I'm a bit surprised by the positive comments on here after yesterday, even though yes, he did start the game very well. And I'm actually one who always defends him on here.

Not gonna judge the one game after hardly playing since what, December?

I just hope he stays free of any injuries and get a run of games to build on his performance. Than we can judge him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.