#5 | John Stones - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
His turnaround has been Lazarus-like.

He now bullies opposition attackers. His skill set on the ball is incredible, and he showed today that he possesses the confidence to take the ball downfield to initiate an attack.

if I could make an award for joint players of the year I would include Big John, Ruben and silky Ilkay.

Last edited:
That shoulder barge on aubameyang sending him into the dirt after matching him stride for stride without looking like he was even trying was majestic. People used to say he gets bullied too easily...
It was a thing of raw beauty,but i was genuinely surprised that the fat useless prick,Moss,didn't penalise him for it.

That shoulder barge on aubameyang sending him into the dirt after matching him stride for stride without looking like he was even trying was majestic. People used to say he gets bullied too easily...

As others have said, that was basically his transformation evidenced in one moment.

His pace/strength has been an issue but the defence sitting a little deeper gives him time to react and show his pace and using such strength was completely unnecessary but exactly what a great defender would do just to establish themselves on the opposition. He's really turned it around and we have to give him huge credit. At the start of the season we were so reliant on Laporte and now we look a better defensive unit without him!

Outstanding once again. He carries the ball out of the defence so well. So progressive but can now defend as well.

I don't think i've ever seen Stones body someone the way he did with Auba, it's so clear the influence that Ruben has had on him. I know that sounds like some Scouse-matics and i feel a bit sick typing it, but at this point it's just a bit undeniable. There was a bit where he (i think) lost the ball or was maybe beaten to a challenge and he got back and got blocked the ball in, the first thing that happened after that was Ruben coming to him with encouragement. That's what you get from those kind of leaders and i'm sure VVD gave that to Liverpool when he came in. Since the space was so compact higher in the pitch, it was quite clear that Pep had instructed both Stones and Ruben to step out and both of them did that really well, but Stones could really have something there if they continue working at it. It's something Pique has done a lot down the years.

I don't think i've ever seen Stones body someone the way he did with Auba, it's so clear the influence that Ruben has had on him. I know that sounds like some Scouse-matics and i feel a bit sick typing it, but at this point it's just a bit undeniable. There was a bit where he (i think) lost the ball or was maybe beaten to a challenge and he got back and got blocked the ball in, the first thing that happened after that was Ruben coming to him with encouragement. That's what you get from those kind of leaders and i'm sure VVD gave that to Liverpool when he came in. Since the space was so compact higher in the pitch, it was quite clear that Pep had instructed both Stones and Ruben to step out and both of them did that really well, but Stones could really have something there if they continue working at it. It's something Pique has done a lot down the years.
He looked rapid as well when he checked Auba. Yelled with glee when he did that. You just love to see this John Stones, and long may it continue!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.