#5 | John Stones - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was my favourite bit of Stones game against Arsenal, he made a mistake and in the past he would be beating himself up about it and drop concentration, but here he is completely alive to the danger from Aubameyang when Cancelo falls asleep and lets him get in behind.

I dont know why the video pauses at points and tries to make it about Dias - maybe he gives him a shout to stay alive - but its the only video of it I've seen.

This was my favourite bit of Stones game against Arsenal, he made a mistake and in the past he would be beating himself up about it and drop concentration, but here he is completely alive to the danger from Aubameyang when Cancelo falls asleep and lets him get in behind.

I dont know why the video pauses at points and tries to make it about Dias - maybe he gives him a shout to stay alive - but its the only video of it I've seen.

I think the communication thing has made a pretty huge difference in defence. All the high fives and arse slapping are a bit Top Gun but I do think it makes a huge difference. In previous years, our defence without Kompany had looked like a bunch of individuals rather than a unit but this season there seems to be real camaraderie between them all.

Not saying it's all down to Dias as it looks like we seriously turned a corner after the Spurs game because Rodri and Fernandinho have both now talked about the private talk the players all had as a group and it sounds like Fern took the lead.

The thing is, although we all know Stones will make a mistake at some point because that's just the nature of the game, he looks like this is his new standard and there's no going back. Even in interviews he just comes across as a bit more grounded and mature. I seriously think he aged overnight.

Excellent - him and Dias first class and yes I prefer them to Laporte.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.