#5 | John Stones - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He had a performance just like yesterday about 12 months ago against Chelsea, then he got injured again.

It’s all about his fitness. Got to stay fit!
He’s also got to stay in the right state of mind. He is fragile physically and mentally. So yes, he’s got to stay fit, but also he’s got to stay stable.

Buzzing hes playing well. Fingers crossed he can keep it up for an extended period.
By far our best ball playing CB. Gives our play an extra edge going forward.
Body and confidence can break at any time though

Buzzing hes playing well. Fingers crossed he can keep it up for an extended period.
By far our best ball playing CB. Gives our play an extra edge going forward.
Body and confidence can break at any time though
Completely agree. I am desperate to see Stones do well as we all know he can do it. He has had a bad run with injuries coupled with him probably starting to believe his own hype has caused serious regression.
He was incredible against Burnley, he looked like a mature CB finally. A run of games will do him the world of good and create more competition for places against the likes of Laporte (who hasn't started the season very well in my opinion!).

Christmas is coming and the shop windows are full of pressies for those with the money!

Glad he’s doing well, though.

Footballers should thrive on competition and the signings of Ake and Dias will hopefully push all our centre halves to improve and in this strangest of seasons give players vital rest and recovery time.

So well done to Stones for rising to the challenge. His stats against Burnley were excellent, but what impressed me most was he stood up to the traditional Burnley lump upfront and dominated him in the air. That cut down Burnley's attacking options to virtually nil.

I'm proud to say neither did i,and i am also made up with his return.

He can be a huge part of our future if he chooses.
We were in the minority mate. Look at the replies to this:

It is a rare human being that goes through life making all the right decisions and performing to 100% of their capability 100% of the time. He is a truly talented player who is capable of becoming world-class and I would absolutely love it if he comes through the storm knowing that his manager and the fans supported him through it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.