#5 | John Stones - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great attitude, stepped up and was desperately trying to make something happen.
Probably should have done better on their second, but he looked fucked by that point. Understandably, given what he put in second half.

He played very well but as other mentioned, I thought he should have done better on the second goal. His legs looked very heavy by then but he wasn't on a card and was shoulder and shoulder with Dallas, probably should have fouled him or nudged him off balance.

Last edited:
Incredible turnaround in his career, his attitude on and off the pitch was all over the place, but he has turned it around in incredible style.

Yesterday ( Leeds) he was superb, the best player on the pitch by a long way, and in my opinion we witnessed a future captain of Manchester City.

It was really entertaining seeing him running forward with the ball so often yesterday but I do question the wisdom of it given how inportant he is to the team and we paid the price for it at the end with their goal, he'd clearly run out of gas.

It was really entertaining seeing him running forward with the ball so often yesterday but I do question the wisdom of it given how inportant he is to the team and we paid the price for it at the end with their goal, he'd clearly run out of gas.
Nah, we took a risk since Leeds seem uninterested in tracking Stones' runs. They were down a man, and Stones is our extra man. We took a risk to get an equalizer and winner, but ended up paying for it.

For me, he has been better than Dias this season. Dias has made a huge impact with his leadership but on individual performance only Stones has been better imo. Just wish he shoot from outside the box!

Nah, we took a risk since Leeds seem uninterested in tracking Stones' runs. They were down a man, and Stones is our extra man. We took a risk to get an equalizer and winner, but ended up paying for it.
I think it was deliberate by leeds to leave us more exposed to a counter, it worked in the end, it had nearly worked just before but for Ederson's save.

Stones was out on his feet at the end too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.