John Stones signs new 5 year deal

Absolutely deserved on the last 16 months performance levels. Yet another player signed up on a long contract

Very happy for him he was written off from alot people.He had some issue to dealt with, had amazing season totally deserved.

Congratulations to John Stones. Total respect to him for how he's come back from set backs to fulfill his potential to become one of the very best centre backs in the world.

Considering a bang average CB costs in the region of 50m in the market without even touching on wages, I don't think we should be complaining when one of our most consistent players gets rewarded with a new contract.

I'm interested in hearing who you would consider a world class CB? Personally, there's a massive drought in young quality CBs these days.
Well he isnt young and sorry i maintain he isnt world class, but very good.

In the premier league Diaz is better, Van Dijk is (or was) and Maguire is better as well.

I dont really watch european football outside the champions league and even then i usually just watch city and then whichever the biggest game is the other night (if at all). I’m not gonna jump on bandwagons like people on twitter do and throw out names i've never watched kick a ball.

I think that Laporte was really pushing to be first choice at the end of last season and wouldnt be surprised if he did so this season.

My point was that Ferna, Walker, Gundo are all on £100-£150k level. Thats where he should be.

Forwards attract higher fees generally speaking and higher wages. CBs traditionally do not.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.