John Stones takes the number 5 shirt

Stones is a top quality centre half and a future England and city captain. Yes he has made a few errors but he won't reach his peak for another 6 or 7 years. Alongside Vinny he will become world class. As a traditionalist I like to see the central defenders wearing 5 or 6, full backs wearing 2&3, central midfielders wearing 4&8, wingers wearing 7&11 and forwards wearing 9&10. Don't think we'll ever see 1-11 out as the starting 11 again but it would be nice
Didn't central defenders wear 4&5 and midfielders 6&8?

Good I prefer our starters to have proper numbers. More importantly I thought Stones had a good season myself and yes I include his defending in that. Lost count of the amount of crucial blocks he made.

Absolutely correct, that is the how the current incumbent plays. Someone has made the excellent suggestion that we give it to Leroy, who is a left winger. Or in old fashioned money an outside left. Whereas the other should have been left outside for the last 5 or 6 years.

Didn't central defenders wear 4&5 and midfielders 6&8?
Stones takes a bit of flack, understandably, as we paid a lot of money for him. He makes plenty of mistakes at the moment but I'd rather see that than shy away or play within himself. He has confidence in himself which is a good thing. In my opinion, his game will develop more under Pep than any other manager. I've not been majorly critical of Sterling but noticed when he misses a few shots or crosses it affects him. We need to get behind Stones because he has the ability to become something really speacial. A fit Kompany alongside him and a supportive manager will hopefully see him push on next season. Take the No.5 son, and make it yours.

Edit....that was supposed to be a reply to the original thread

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.