John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am delighted he’s staying. Maybe it’s because we are both from South Yorkshire but I genuinely think with some confidence and a run in the team he can do a job for us. He was England’s first choice centre back, he was a crucial part of the centurions side. You don’t just lose that skill. He is a Class ball playing central defender. He just needs to remember it and believe it.

If he left for 20m or whatever we would regret it because he’d get his confidence back and kick on.

Pep said he’s got bigger balls than anyone. He needs to show it and be the central defender we know he can be.

If Koulibaly does sign, I don’t think he’d immediately start, so there could be an opportunity for Stones to stake a claim in the first weeks of September.

You really think so? For me it’s no way.
If we buy Koulibaly for 70m we would’ve spend a total of 110m on him and Aké. Pep would look like a complete moron if he started the season playing Laporte and Stones. It’s obvious they’re both joining to cement Stones place at 4th or 5th in the pecking order.

Why not? Kompany left, and selling Stones, Otamendi and Garcia leaving, we sure can sign two more.

About his instagram post, I think he is either messing with fans such as myself who want him gone, like a final dig, or he is actually staying.

I fkng hope not.
Messing with fans such as yourself, if you seriously believe that’s even a possibility you need to seek medical help! While the club finds it appropriate to have Stones as part of the squad fans should stand by our players not cry about wanting them gone.

Why not? Kompany left, and selling Stones, Otamendi and Garcia leaving, we sure can sign two more.

About his instagram post, I think he is either messing with fans such as myself who want him gone, like a final dig, or he is actually staying.

I fkng hope not.
The strangest thing I've ever read on here, and that's quite an achievement. What the fuck are you talking about?

If we buy Koulibaly for 70m we would’ve spend a total of 110m on him and Aké. Pep would look like a complete moron if he started the season playing Laporte and Stones. It’s obvious they’re both joining to cement Stones place at 4th or 5th in the pecking order.
Don’t think Pep gives a toss how it looks, he’ll pick who he wants regardless of what’s been paid for the the players he gets given to choose from. Who knows who the 4 centre backs will be but all 4 will play plenty.

He’d look an even bigger idiot if he fielded a player who’d been in the country less than three weeks and hadn’t played a competitive game with any of the other centre backs. What could possibly go wrong?
Similarly, Ake might have to wait for a start because there will be so little time for preparation this season. I’d rather get the points from the opening games (Laporte/Fernandinho/Stones) and see the new signings once they’re settled. Not that moronic.

The only thing I would say to that is there is there will be no preseason and the games will come quickly. I wouldn't be surprised if he or Ake would be on the bench for the first few weeks to get to grips with how we play. Still though even in light of the Garcia mess Pep chose Fernandinho instead of Stones against RM.

The strangest thing I've ever read on here, and that's quite an achievement. What the fuck are you talking about?

John Stones leaving City has been a stubborn rumour for quite some time and with Ake joining and another world class CB probably coming through I think he feels the pressure of leaving. He might want to give his haters a little dig, especially if he knows he’s about to be sold.

These statements on his own social media I think more indicates he could be on his way out.

How would you feel as a player, playing a part of this huge success but also been slated in media and by your own fans for injuries and inconsistency and people begging the club to make room for better defenders? I would tell my haters to go fck themselves, and I would probably annoy them by saying stuff like ”can’t wait for next year” or ”looking forward to retire at Man City”. His haters would be fuming.
It’s not like transfer rumours are exclusive only for ’normal people’. He probably reads about Koulibaly possibly joining as much as we do.

Is my reasoning still the most f-cked up thing you ever read or does it make more sense now?

Last edited:
John Stones leaving City has been a stubborn rumour for quite some time and with Ake joining and another world class CB probably coming through I think he feels the pressure of leaving. He might want to give his haters a little dig, especially if he knows he’s about to be sold.

These statements on his own social media I think more indicates he could be on his way out.

How would you feel as a player, playing a part of this huge success but also been slated in media and by your own fans for injuries and inconsistency and people begging the club to make room for better defenders? I would tell my haters to go fck themselves, and I would probably annoy them by saying stuff like ”can’t wait for next year” or ”looking forward to retire at Man City”. His haters would be fuming.
He's on 150k a week mate, he's got better things to do than 'troll' ungrateful bastards on the internet.

He might want to give his haters a little dig, especially if he knows he’s about to be sold.

I would tell my haters to go fck themselves, and I would probably annoy them by saying stuff like ”can’t wait for next year” or ”looking forward to retire at Man City”. His haters would be fuming.
Summer holidays I see. When do you go back to school ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.