John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand your argument, but to me he has had long enough.

His physical appearance looks terrible and is his own making. He looks a very different man to the one who signed 4 years ago.

And the biggest worry is the "injury" post covid lock down, despite publicly stating he was in a massive fitness/health drive during the lockdown.

When he reappeared he looked like a tramp and not a professional athlete.

I do worry if he is "injured" if you get my drift.

I agree completely. I nicknamed him 'Homeless John' at the match.

But there are countless instances of players coming through stuff & being legendary captains.

In fact with English international defenders, I think it's all of them isn't it ?

May be managers ego comes in play here. I have bought this player so i will not sell him. Unless something extremely bad personal relation has developed. Stones is still in peps good term. Remember once he was english Gerrard pique. Well he still can be if he manages to solve personal problems. I believe defenders are build around 27/28 years age. His age is coming. Though I am not for or against his move.
Problem is we are not particularly good buying defenders.

I agree completely. I nicknamed him 'Homeless John' at the match.

But there are countless instances of players coming through stuff & being legendary captains.

In fact with English international defenders, I think it's all of them isn't it ?

Personally don't think he is a captain in a million years, I remember Dave Watson, Mike Doyle, Tommy Caton all 3 would walk into this team and make a huge difference, but CB like those simply don't exist.

The art of defending is a dying art unfortunately.

When the lockdown ended I really wanted to see John Stones return, head shaved and muscle bound looking fit and more importantly hungry, what I saw was a @@@ed up slob, very sad.

When you compare the fresh-faced youth on that Instagram post to how he looks now...holy fuck.
I don't want to sound like an old fart but he looked a clean cut young guy, future England Captain, he now looks like some wannabe white scally gangster with sh1t tattoos.

I understand your argument, but to me he has had long enough.

His physical appearance looks terrible and is his own making. He looks a very different man to the one who signed 4 years ago.

And the biggest worry is the "injury" post covid lock down, despite publicly stating he was in a massive fitness/health drive during the lockdown.

When he reappeared he looked like a tramp and not a professional athlete.

I do worry if he is "injured" if you get my drift.

Are you not being a bit harsh there? He looked scruffy, but I swear that's just down to a lack of a haircut, which we can all relate to! Lockdown hair was a thing after all.

I don't quite get all the appearance talk on here. Seems a weird way to judge him. I'm not his biggest fan at all, but that's an odd angle.

Are you not being a bit harsh there? He looked scruffy, but I swear that's just down to a lack of a haircut, which we can all relate to! Lockdown hair was a thing after all.
Not if your hungry and desperate to make an impression.

And the most worrying was the black panda eyes to complete the look, or was that Covid as well? :)

When you compare the fresh-faced youth on that Instagram post to how he looks now...holy fuck.

Well, he was quite literally four years younger. I don't look as young as I did four years ago. People at 26 can suddenly look at old older than they did at 22.

Not if your hungry and desperate to make an impression.

And the most worrying was the black panda eyes to complete the look, or was that Covid as well? :)

You think haircut makes any difference at all? Really? This isn't the army mate or some 90s offices where beards weren't allowed and you had to have a neat trim. People have scruffy hair as a choice these days. I don't really recall the black panda eyes anywhere near as strongly as you made out. He just looks older to me. Time does that to all of us.

Reactions: cjn
Surely we need stones to stay and turn the corner. Allowing home grown players to leave reduces other slots in the team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.