John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you've made your point. Repeating it several times a day might help with your post count but it brings fuck all to the debate. You don't rate him and want him gone, we get it.
Bang on the money. Koulibaly in, Stones out, 50 fucking times a day he says the same thing

Last edited:
My 2p's worth Laporte, Ake, Garcia/Stones (could be the other way round IF John can find some sort of rhythm), Ota in that order.

Obviously if KK ever gets over the line he'd be a starter with Laporte when we kick off.

I'd only use Fern as a starter at the back in an emergency, I'd rather have him off the bench to close games out in the midfield.

I don't think we are 'lumbered' with him personally, I think if he stays it's purely because Pep wants him to. If we really wanted him out, we would find a decent club for him.

Vinny was our goto cb & Stones a great rotation player who had some spells as an excellent cb. But he is unreliable in form & fitness.

Replace Vinny & Stones can either compete or be a just be a fill in, then go, as you say, but either way, he is then a valuable squad member.
Lumbered as in nobody wanting to pay the transfer fee we want and and no clubs want to pay Stones what he will expect. I'm usually an optimistic type but I can't see JS learning from his almost constant mistakes unfortunately.

Lumbered as in nobody wanting to pay the transfer fee we want and and no clubs want to pay Stones what he will expect. I'm usually an optimistic type but I can't see JS learning from his almost constant mistakes unfortunately.

If Pep had given up on him as some are suggesting though, he would be gone, irrespective. They would just get him out.

If he's still here when the window shuts, it's because Pep has agreed to let him stay & Stones has agreed to fight for a place, because it suits both.

If Pep had given up on him as some are suggesting though, he would be gone, irrespective. They would just get him out.

If he's still here when the window shuts, it's because Pep has agreed to let him stay & Stones has agreed to fight for a place, because it suits both.
Sorry I disagree pal.i think Stones is only here because we haven't signed replacement of top quality and also nobody else has come in with a firm and acceptable bid as far as I'm aware. Stones has been overlooked by Pep so many times when he's been fit. Tells you something when we have constantly played the defensive midfielder and young kids ahead of him.

Sorry I disagree pal.i think Stones is only here because we haven't signed replacement of top quality and also nobody else has come in with a firm and acceptable bid as far as I'm aware. Stones has been overlooked by Pep so many times when he's been fit. Tells you something when we have constantly played the defensive midfielder and young kids ahead of him.

I don't know he's been fit tbh.

If he is so bad, then a decent management team would have him out & a new player in, as the no1 priority imo & Khaldoon would agree to whatever. They have had plenty of time. They would just have already paid the extra for Koulibaly & sent Stones out on loan & pay half his wages, if need be.

If he's still here when the window shuts, it's because Pep is ok with it.

I don't know he's been fit tbh.

If he is so bad, then a decent management team would have him out & a new player in, as the no1 priority imo & Khaldoon would agree to whatever. They have had plenty of time. They would just have already paid the extra for Koulibaly & sent Stones out on loan & pay half his wages, if need be.

If he's still here when the window shuts, it's because Pep is ok with it.
Pep is only ok(I think) because he's left being "lumbered" with him. I could be wrong of course.

He will have to stay to fill the Home Grown quota, doubt he will play much, he wasn't trusted last year, and even less so when it got to the business end of the campaign, instead we went with an 18 year old dreaming of Spain or a midfielder making a fist of the CB role before him, not a good sign really, and then spend £40m on a new CB that is not going to be the starter (if we were to get all the deals we wanted done before the deadline).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.