John Terry to become Englands Captain again?

I'm not a big England fan but for the life of me why i do not understand why it matters who the captain is. The media has only turned this into an issue over the last 10 years since Beckham was given it, like it carries some kind of huge national status similar to being Prime Minister. Football is not like cricket and never has been. It does not make an ounce of difference who the captain is, as the senior players like "yer Ferdinands, yer Lampards and Gerards" all have equal status within the team. I didn't see Gerrard doing anything different to normal when he was captain during the WC apart from maybe the toss at the start of the game. The fact Crapello is making an issue of it (needlessly) two weeks before a big game shows how poor his judgement is.

I think Cole should get it. Always plays. Always plays well and has enough aggression. Terry shouldn't be playing at the top level anymore. His performance vs Germany was shambolic.

jaigurugoat10 said:
I'm not a big England fan but for the life of me why i do not understand why it matters who the captain is. The media has only turned this into an issue over the last 10 years since Beckham was given it, like it carries some kind of huge national status similar to being Prime Minister. Football is not like cricket and never has been. It does not make an ounce of difference who the captain is, as the senior players like "yer Ferdinands, yer Lampards and Gerards" all have equal status within the team. I didn't see Gerrard doing anything different to normal when he was captain during the WC apart from maybe the toss at the start of the game. The fact Crapello is making an issue of it (needlessly) two weeks before a big game shows how poor his judgement is.

Good post, and exactly my thoughts. It only seems to be England there's a big song and dance about who is captain, other countries aren't bothered. Brazil have Robinho as captain, and France have Malouda. Its just a little thing that our media completely blow out of proportion.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Squatter said:
I think Cole should get it. Always plays. Always plays well and has enough aggression. Terry shouldn't be playing at the top level anymore. His performance vs Germany was shambolic.

Does Cole know which side of the coin is a head and which is a tail?

Not sure to be honest. He doesn't need to know though really. He just has to say heads or tails.

Squatter said:

Just Terry, not i dont know what to do David James or just back from injury slower than an oil tanker Barry or Rooney, Gerrard all 11 of them were wank that day and in fairness i thought James was the worst

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Squatter said:

Just Terry, not i dont know what to do David James or just back from injury slower than an oil tanker Barry or Rooney, Gerrard all 11 of them were wank that day and in fairness i thought James was the worst

I was just talking about Terry. Even Joachim Lowe said they targeted Terry. Capello was the worst

Squatter said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:

I was just talking about Terry. Even Joachim Lowe said they targeted Terry. Capello was the worst

TBF james didnt have much chance the whole campaign was shambolic, we thought we'd cruise through after our success in the qualification phase, the only england player not to shame himself in the WC campaighn was Cole, but he has since done that.

Granted, I'm not Englisj and I'm a little bit drunk, but Terry has as much backbone as a hedgehog, at least Gerrard leads. Terry in the last world cup made the English team/management look incompetent with his comments.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_5aYwAsKNI[/youtube]
What business had he doing this?

Who does he think he is, has very little resepct for his teammates and manager.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.