Joker movie

We get the first comic book film in years that isn't just another generic fun for all the family flick and something that actually makes you think.

And it gets over the top analysis like that.. Obscure references to crimes that hardly anyone outside of New York would be aware of. And the usual obsession in the US media with linking everything to race politics, Trump, Clinton and of course gun laws.

The article is more depressing than the film.

Haven't read it but if this is true then that article is VERY depressing. I saw the film as I usually do, in a cheery mood. Came out feeling dirty, unwashed and muttering like Eeyore. It's well acted but fucking hell, depressing. Not for me.

If you are going to do a back story movie, at least give us some redeeming features, something that makes us sort of root for the bad guy, not throw depressing segments after depressing segments at the watcher. Otherwise it slowly chips away at you.

It's also over hyped, in the same way La La Land was, which means it will win big in the awards.

Saw this tonight. I thought it was superb. An incredible performance by Joaquin Phoenix.

I laughed a lot, probably when I shouldn't, but it was infectious and seemed apt.

Got to see it again now, to be able to digest it all.

I love it when a film exceeds my expectations. It doesn't happen often.

Great soundtrack too.

Saw this tonight. I thought it was superb. An incredible performance by Joaquin Phoenix.

I laughed a lot, probably when I shouldn't, but it was infectious and seemed apt.

Got to see it again now, to be able to digest it all.

I love it when a film exceeds my expectations. It doesn't happen often.

Great soundtrack too.
Totally agree, amazing film. The soundtrack really added to it as well (apart from Mr glitter :)) was thinking about buying it.

I reckon once the dust settles people's opinion on this film will die down, much like with the recent Avengers movie.
Got to disagree with this. Joker is a brilliantly made, brilliantly told, brilliantly acted character study, well worthy of the high ratings. Avengers is explosions n shit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.