Joleon Lescott - the coach?

Thanks for the responses - I think maybe peace frog hit the nail on the head when he said Lescott was talking about his own abilities rather than the way he would coach.

As a player I liked Joleon but always thought he (and Micah) played the clown a bit too much off the field although I guess CityTV lapped it up.

Maybe if his role is loan player liason then he personality makes him a good fit. Kudos for him for staying involved with football when I guess he has enough money to be comfortable for life and to the club for giving him an opportunity.

His was absolutely making a joke about his own ability on the ball with that comment. As for his role at the club it's not in a coaching capacity, it's as a liason official or whatever his official title is. He's essentially our loan players mentor, their go to guy if they need anything, have any issues, need advice etc, this other news is to do with him joinging up with the England set up and not city is it not?

Got a lot of time for lescott, he was the media scapegoat when he decided to come here from everton, and it was completely unjustified, yes we probably overpaid for him but that wasn't his fault, he gave his all and won trophies here so will always be more than welcome in my eyes.

Have to say though, he's not the greatest of pundits, hoping he will settle into that the more he does it.

Had a lot of time for Lescott then met him in a business capacity and he was an absolute wanker, he's a shit pundit as well...
I have an almost identical story for Tommy Booth. People love him, nice bloke etc. I thought he was a right jumped up twat

Don't agree with the fact this country is now picking people for job roles based on skin colour, rather than ability.

Albeit Joleon seems a decent fella and played in some top draw Manchester City and England teams, so no doubt has an abundance of knowledge to pass on.

maybe he looks after the lads out on loan,making sure they are eating right and training right

I remember seeing something on the City website that basically said exactly that. We've got a large number of players out in various places and it needs someone to keep tabs on them all. Having someone who has experience being a professional footballer is obviously ideal. Nothing to do with actually coaching them infootball.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.