Jon Moss

you just don't see the comebacks, I caught Howard Webb telling Rio to fuck off once, so they're all ****s to each other.

I once saw Howard Webb take out Steffen Freund with a perfectly executed late, slide tackle foul. It was at a testimonial game, and Freund had just gone through the back of Webb (who was reffing).

Just to say, refs on the whole are ****s but I played at a fairly high level and the grief we gave the refs I’d have no problem with them giving a bit back.

Just to say, refs on the whole are ****s but I played at a fairly high level and the grief we gave the refs I’d have no problem with them giving a bit back.

Wrong, if they are being abused they have a simple remedy. Book the player. It would soon stop. The problem is they allowed themselves to abused week in, week out by the Rags, they were frightened of them. The referees should be above snidey sarcastic comments. if they did their job properly it wouldn't be an issue. In rugby you say one bad word to the ref and your team is penalised. The team soon tell a player to shut up.

The sport is responsible for the state it finds itself in. The refs should be miked up, we should be shown every VAR decision, the conversation between VAR and the ref should be heard by all as it is in cricket and rugby. When a player tells a ref to go and fuck himself, he should be red carded.

Mic the refs, tell the clubs and the media what's happening, record them for a month and then send each recording to each club. Tell them the system is going live on a given date and if your players don't comply and carry on with the abuse, the club will be held accountable. Watch how quickly idiots like Wayne Rooney, Jordan Henderson and Ashley Cole change their ways when told to by their employers.

Jon Moss waddling around having sly digs at Bournemouth players is part of the reason why so many people have little to zero respect for the authorities in football these days. He won't be made to explain himself, nor will Mike Riley, the Premier League won't comment and the most that will happen is Moss will be put into a lower league for a game as a punishment. The arrogant twat will then continue unabated in a game that is not seen as being as important to the precious Premier League and not really give a fuck about what he's done wrong because he's simply been moved sideways rather than taken to task.
Great post. Well said.

Once referees started allowing shrek to get away with telling them to "fuck off" with impunity and receiving no punishment for it, that was the thin end of the wedge, and now every player thinks it’s OK to abuse the officials.

This has led to a loss of respect in both directions, and the 'distance' between officials and players no longer exists, whereas in rugby, where the captain is the only member of the team, who can speak to the ref, and when he does, he addresses him as "sir", that 'distance' stil remains.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.