Jonny Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a bit late in the first half when you could see exactly why Guardiola wants him; he got the Albion out of a very tight spot by playing neat passes and looked very composed. He's also good at organising the defence and doesn't seem to get flustered.

He actually looked decent last night. Could tell he was trying to impress, playing out from the back etc. I'm sure Club Shop will be telling him to twat it down the channels, but he was playing short wherever possible.

The first half of the match thread last night highlighted how divided fans are on whether Delph and Mangala are good enough for the level we now find ourselves at. Evans may actually be an upgrade on Mangala, but whether he is actually good enough to be at the level we now are, I don't know. What I am quite sure about, however, is that he would certainly end any divisions on the match day thread. :-)

Don't shoot the messenger

Manchester City and Arsenal are set to move for West Brom captain Jonny Evans (29) in January. [@JPercyTelegraph]

Real Sociedad defender Inigo Martinez is also believed to be on City's radar, but West Brom are bracing themselves for another bid from City for Evans. [@JPercyTelegraph]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.