Jordan Henderson wins FWA Footballer of the Year

DAGW

First off, if Henderson beats KDB to the award this year, the world is truly broken.

But can I just check whether I’m being pranked here... Fabinho has shorter odds than Sterling. Fabinho. 2 goal, 3 assist Fabinho is deemed a better player this year than 19 goal, 1 assist Sterling. I get that they play different positions, but Fabinho??

The media started this Henderson for player of the year like they do every year the media pick the player when that club tell them about they deserve it!

Why Henderson though? If it was Mane and Kdb yep if Mane gets it I’d say fair enough but all this pushing Henderson I don’t get!?

Last edited:
The media started this Henderson for player of the year like like they do every year the media pick the player when that club tell them about they deserve it!

Why Henderson though? If it was Mane and Kdb yep if Mane gets it I’d say fair enough but all this pushing Henderson I don’t get!?

Apparently he’s the driving force of their team. Driving where? Side to side? He recycles play once their attack breaks down. Oh and shouts a lot.

First off, if Henderson beats KDB to the award this year, the world is truly broken.

But can I just check whether I’m being pranked here... Fabinho has shorter odds than Sterling. Fabinho. 2 goal, 3 assist Fabinho is deemed a better player this year than 19 goal, 1 assist Sterling. I get that they play different positions, but Fabinho??
Why start a thread with a question you already know the answer to.

This year will prove the farce that is the awards.

Mancini and Pellegrini passed over for manager of the year in our title winning seasons for relegation candidates.

Yaya being shafted in 2013/14. There's no way Sergio wins POTY if he scores 30 goals and finishes second if Gerrard had scored 20 and won the league.

Even Sergio losing the YPOTY to Walker in 2011.

You can't shake a stick at the media without hitting a dozen Liverpool/United players each time, they set the agenda come award season.

I don't put any great stock in the awards themselves, it's just frustrating that our club gets so casually overlooked.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.