Jordan Henderson wins FWA Footballer of the Year

Never given a shit about this award. Still don’t. Hope Kevin gets it, but if he doesn’t, I know he’s been awesome for us this season.

It matters because it matters to the players. They care about these awards and milestones and them getting overlooked can only have an adverse effect on them.

They’ve stayed even though the vote hasn’t gone their way.

It’s meaningless.

It's not necessarily a matter of whether they will continue to stay or not but the idea that you are comprimised from winning these awards because of the club you play for is ridiculous and certainly doesn't help us in any way.

First off, if Henderson beats KDB to the award this year, the world is truly broken.

But can I just check whether I’m being pranked here... Fabinho has shorter odds than Sterling. Fabinho. 2 goal, 3 assist Fabinho is deemed a better player this year than 19 goal, 1 assist Sterling. I get that they play different positions, but Fabinho??

I kind of trust that the players will vote for Kev tbh, I genuinely cannot imagine many of them walked away from their games against Liverpool thinking 'bloody hell Henderson really deserves POTY.' It's entirely a media-driven idea. In reality I think what's more likely to happen is that those who don't vote for Kev for whatever reason will vote for multiple other players. The difference between this season and ones in the past is there's no consensus amongst who his main opposition is, despite the media trying to act like it's Henderson. Basically the Liverpool players (Mane, Van Dijk, Salah, Henderson) will probably split votes and Kev will likely end up with the majority.

The media start the bandwagon rolling for certain players and this year it is Henderson’s turn. Look back previously and you’ve had shite like Scott (Scotty) Parker winning it from a team who got relegated. Going back even further to the 80’s Paul Davis won it. He went from the everyone saying he was underrated to being the most overrated player in the country after Bryan Robson. The media certainly control both awards.

Ironic that KDB has had better seasons than this one and could end up winning it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.