Jordan Henderson wins FWA Footballer of the Year

I've heard 2 discussions about this on the radio.

In the first, the expert said that when a team has dominated the season the way Liverpool have, you simply can't look beyond a player from that club.
(Which is news to us City fans).

In the second, someone said that of course KDB was the best footballer in England, but POTY "isn't just about that" so he'd give it to Henderson, as he "does things that most people don't see".
(Didn't give any examples).

You despair.
I had talk bollocks on a few weeks back with Durham and Gough and Gough was asked who he thought would win..... Said it should really come from the champions..... I shouted at the radio "what about the last 2 seasons you twat?"

I've heard 2 discussions about this on the radio.

In the first, the expert said that when a team has dominated the season the way Liverpool have, you simply can't look beyond a player from that club.
(Which is news to us City fans).

In the second, someone said that of course KDB was the best footballer in England, but POTY "isn't just about that" so he'd give it to Henderson, as he "does things that most people don't see".
(Didn't give any examples).

You despair.

It's so ridiculous that it's comical. Footballer of the year isn't about football has got to be the daftest line ever uttered about this sport.

I had talk bollocks on a few weeks back with Durham and Gough and Gough was asked who he thought would win..... Said it should really come from the champions..... I shouted at the radio "what about the last 2 seasons you twat?"

The most ironic part is more winners of the award have come from teams that haven't won the league than have. I'd much rather that they come out and say that they want Henderson to win the award because of English/Liverpool bias and he has the best narrative. Don't try to insult people's intelligence by running with flawed arguments.

The most ironic part is more winners of the award have come from teams that haven't won the league than have. I'd much rather that they come out and say that they want Henderson to win the award because of English/Liverpool bias and he has the best narrative. Don't try to insult people's intelligence by running with flawed arguments.
When Salad won it last year over Sterling, they said he deserves it as he is the top scorer...... Er, isnt that what the golden boot is for?

Edit as pointed out it was 2 years ago not last season and KdB not Sterling

Last edited:
When Salad won it last year over Sterling, they said he deserves it as he is the top scorer...... Er, isnt that what the golden boot is for?

Simply put it, the goalposts shift because there's more clamour to see Liverpool players win. This isn't an award based on individual achievement, just a glorified popularity contest. It's frustrating for us because it's clear it affects the players and they want recognition.

One of our players has NEVER won the award, add to the fact the last 3 times we’ve won the league a dipper won the award... hmmmm step forward jordan horrendeson. after all your miles better than kdb aren’t ya??.......# we know the truth mcfc

Never given a shit about this award. Still don’t. Hope Kevin gets it, but if he doesn’t, I know he’s been awesome for us this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.