Jordan Henderson wins FWA Footballer of the Year

Disgraceful decision. Henderson is ranked 33rd best player in the league this season based on stats according to whoscored.com, which is far from the worst guide to performances over the season. No prizes for guessing that the player who has been the best midfield player in the world this season tops the performance chart for the league. However he's not an English midfielder playing for the Scousers: he's a Belgian playing for City.

I've looked at this as I always do. Top 5 players in Europe (ie the world) based on the whoscored algorithm:

Messi
Mbappe
Lewandowski
KDB
Ronaldo

Highest ranking Liverpool player is Mane - 5th in the English list and 25th in the Europe list.

Such a shame no Ballon D'or this season as KDb would be a shoe-in for top 5.

I've looked back at KDB's stats since 14/15 over a range of basic metrics and across the board this is by a distance his best season.

Also been playing with some statsbomb numbers for a raft of different metrics. Some have blown my mind for his all round game. He is not just the best midfielder in the world, he is the best midfielder in the world by a huge distance. I hope to get them into a presentable format to put up here.

I don't agree but can understand the argument for Suarez v Yaya in 2014, Salah v KDB in 2018 and VVD v Sterling/Bernardo in 2019.

However, Henderson over KDB is simply a f***ing joke.

Lads, he captained a terrific team for years now. He might not be the greatest but they play really badly without him.
He keeps them ticking over - he’s a nice lad, a good captain, no off the field crap - English, European and World title winning captain.
Give him a break - well done to him.
This award is from the journo's - let’s see who the players vote for.
Dipper alert. Couldn't think of anything to gloat about when you joined the forum the day after the Klanfield game!

Thanks for that lengthy diatribe against football.

Just another confirmation that these wankstains know absolutely fuck all about the beautiful game they are paid handsomely to write about. The majority of them most likely know more about rugby union, hockey or rowing than football
Not really, when they talk about other sports it's usually gridiron, netball and rounders.

I may be a **** but my lasting memory of Jordan Henderson is basically him putting long balls out for goal kicks against Croatia in the World Cup semi final
That game alone showed that he is limited beyond belief and shouldn’t even be in the England side.
Without salah and mane making his aimless punts into the channels look good he is a Burnley level player.

Whilst watching Modric take control, if ever there was a game to show gulf in class.

FWA player of the year is basically the journalists letting everyone know who the changing room grass is.

If you want to know who grassed up Sterling / Gomez it’s clear as Fcking day now, basically it’s a thank you for leaking any shite or are you going to have me believe that they go to the Dippers games & come away thinking it’s Henderson, he’s poetry in motion.

FWA player of the year is basically the journalists letting everyone know who the changing room grass is.

If you want to know who grassed up Sterling / Gomez it’s clear as Fcking day now, basically it’s a thank you for leaking any shite or are you going to have me believe that they go to the Dippers games & come away thinking it’s Henderson, he’s poetry in motion.

Trying to find a breakdown of the voting - heard on the radio earlier Wan Bissaka got one vote as did JFE !!!

the amusing thing is they'll whinge about Raz and Phil for Euro 2021 when the reality will be Southgate squeezing Henderson in at all costs will fuck the whole thing up.

Weird that they waited till voting & calculating was done, allowed the FWA to award their to a bin dipper and then cancelled the others...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.