Jorginho

There's little doubt he would look a better player in our side, playing in a better system with better players and coached better will make anybody a better player. Teams wouldn't be able to shut him down so easily as they do at Chelsea, because we move the ball better but also because then one of the other midfield 2 just drops into space to pick the ball up or a 40 yard diagonal is played to the guy on the touchline which shifts everyone other and creates space. Having said all that, he certainly doesn't look like the player we were thinking we would get when the links first appeared. His lack of mobility isn't something pep can ever improve, he's very reminiscent of javi garcia in that he looks to be endlessly running in custard. Mobility is key in that position and its what makes fernandinho so good and so irreplaceable. jorginho just doesn't have it and never will, not saying you cant accommodate somebody who lacks mobility but as a direct replacement for fernandinho in our side, no chance, we would go back to being caught in possession on a fairly regular basis like we did in peps first season when the fullbacks weren't good enough.

Watching back the highlights of the Carabao cup final on Quest (yes I know) & in all fairness compared to Sky the commentators on here made a big deal of Jorginho elbowing Sergio & said it should have been the quickest red card in a cup final.

Watching back the highlights of the Carabao cup final on Quest (yes I know) & in all fairness compared to Sky the commentators on here made a big deal of Jorginho elbowing Sergio & said it should have been the quickest red card in a cup final.

Dead fucking right - ref blows whistle and he chins Kun...............no action taken ! Would love to see the comments on that in the refs report since it was quite literally in front of him !!

If pep still likes this lad we should be able to get him for about 35 quid in the summer as everyone in England seems to think he is shite and he is playing in kantes position... I'm not impressed by him but I'm sure pep knows more than me and he was clearly very interested in the last window.

If Chelsea sack Sarri, I honestly think City would be able to get him if they want him, but even in a scenario where we would be open to selling him, there is no chance we'll sell him for half of what paid for him, especially if it's City who are interested.

Great finish against Fulham. His form has picked up since the LC final.

Last edited:
Great finish against Fulham. His form has picked up since LC final.

what did you make as a darker blue about the early challenge in the cup final?

I've only seen about 6 Chelsea games in their entirety and don't think his performances have been halve as bad as the press as making out, and its largely media bollocks because he's sarri's player so its stick to beat him with.

Dead fucking right - ref blows whistle and he chins Kun...............no action taken ! Would love to see the comments on that in the refs report since it was quite literally in front of him !!

I've not seen a replay of it at all. I was there, and just thought he blocked Aguero off. Would like to see it again.

what did you make as a darker blue about the early challenge in the cup final?

I've only seen about 6 Chelsea games in their entirety and don't think his performances have been halve as bad as the press as making out, and its largely media bollocks because he's sarri's player so its stick to beat him with.

I treated it initially as a complete non-issue, as I hadn't seen it mentioned anywhere, and I mean literally anywhere, until I logged onto this site.

I still haven't seen any conclusive angles, and tbh I haven't really looked, but it has been extensively discussed on this site by people whose opinions I like and respect, so I guess I'm happy to take their word for it.

Quickest red card ever surely, not just in a cup final? Can't think of anyone who's been sent off after 2 seconds. Or has someone been sent off even before kick off? In the tunnel? In the warm up? Can that even happen? Maybe if you chin the ref, I don't know?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.