Jorginho

Jorginho is a great player, but he's not world class in the prime Fabregas mould who can completely control a game.

I'm always hesitant about system players. Jorignho is an extreme case - I have never encountered a player so dependant on 1 system to this extent. We have no real use for him outside of Sarri's very specific brand of football, but thankfully we do have the one coach who can replicate the one system that Jorginho flourishes in, so that either works or it doesn't, but, on paper, he has the conditions here to be great for Chelsea.
I am more inclined to think, he’s trying to play a system that is problematic with the players around him
De Bruyne said how tough it was to learn, in his first season under pep.
Foden only a few days ago, said “ I’ve just learned the basics”

And you’ve got a team, that are all learning the basics.
Luiz, Jorginho and higuain, know the system
Hazard you would think buy into it, but seems a bit like Aguero in his first season under pep.
Kepa I’m not sure about and the rest are out of their comfort zone at the moment.

I thought our games, city v Chelsea,would be the best games to watch next season but with the transfer ban, maybe it will be a bit further down the line.
You will need to keep sarri tho and be patient.

Sarri's style of football doesn't work in the premier league and it appears his style of management doesn't either. Fair enough Jorginho may be hindered by his system but I honestly believe we dodged a bullet when we didn't buy him.

Sarri's style of football doesn't work in the premier league and it appears his style of management doesn't either. Fair enough Jorginho may be hindered by his system but I honestly believe we dodged a bullet when we didn't buy him.
We've dodged more bullets than Rambo in the last couple of seasons.
Jorginho, Fred, Sanchez, Seri, de Jong to name but a few

I am more inclined to think, he’s trying to play a system that is problematic with the players around him
De Bruyne said how tough it was to learn, in his first season under pep.
Foden only a few days ago, said “ I’ve just learned the basics”

And you’ve got a team, that are all learning the basics.
Luiz, Jorginho and higuain, know the system
Hazard you would think buy into it, but seems a bit like Aguero in his first season under pep.
Kepa I’m not sure about and the rest are out of their comfort zone at the moment.

I thought our games, city v Chelsea,would be the best games to watch next season but with the transfer ban, maybe it will be a bit further down the line.
You will need to keep sarri tho and be patient.

I think some of them might just be ill-suited to the system and/or simply not good enough to play for Chelsea regardless of the system.

Alonso.
Azpi
Willian
Pedro
Rudiger
Barkley
Kovacic

That's 6 positions out of the 11 regularly filled by players either not good enough or not technical enough to play for Chelsea.

It'll be interesting to see what Chelsea do moving forward - Azpi and Alonso are already sitting on sparkling new 5 year contract, so I'd assume they're going nowhere, sadly.

I think some of them might just be ill-suited to the system and/or simply not good enough to play for Chelsea regardless of the system.

Alonso.
Azpi
Willian
Pedro
Rudiger
Barkley
Kovacic

That's 6 positions out of the 11 regularly filled by players either not good enough or not technical enough to play for Chelsea.

It'll be interesting to see what Chelsea do moving forward - Azpi and Alonso are already sitting on sparkling new 5 year contract, so I'd assume they're going nowhere, sadly.

I really rate Willian but it looks like successive Chelsea managers don't seem to.

Vile piece of shit,he knew he could get away with going for sergio 5 secs in,right in front of moss who had his spine removed pre-match

Do you have any angles actually showing what happened with that foul?

I really rate Willian but it looks like successive Chelsea managers don't seem to.

It's actually the opposite - most Chelsea fan don't rate him, but it seems like successive Chelsea managers do. The only manager who had the sense to drop him was Conte towards the end of last season - then we had whole instagram shenanigans where Willian edited Conte of a picture of the team lifting the FA cup trophy (which he then deleted and hilariously blamed it his daughter, classy I know)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.