Jorginho

I think some of them might just be ill-suited to the system and/or simply not good enough to play for Chelsea regardless of the system.

Alonso.
Azpi
Willian
Pedro
Rudiger
Barkley
Kovacic

That's 6 positions out of the 11 regularly filled by players either not good enough or not technical enough to play for Chelsea.

It'll be interesting to see what Chelsea do moving forward - Azpi and Alonso are already sitting on sparkling new 5 year contract, so I'd assume they're going nowhere, sadly.
Don’t forget they need to learn the system.
They look like they get it, then it falls down and they look a bit nervous, same as we did.

We still had to offload players, we had to get bravo, because he was the only one available that could play out from the back.
Stones looked like he had a mistake in him because players weren’t where they were supposed to be, now you can see the absolute best of him, you can also see him learning ferns position, again, slightly nervy, but he can’t learn it in training overnight.
Otamendi was sliding into tackles, suggesting mistakes had been made by someone earlier in the move. He rarely slides in now.
You could go through every player and point out the difference between then and now.
Apart from Spanish Dave and fern, that is.

We still have mangala on a big contract so I know where you stand with alonso and azpil

It looks bad but it might not be as bad as it looks, that all depends on the decisions made at the top.

Jorginho is a great player, but he's not world class in the prime Fabregas mould who can completely control a game.

I'm always hesitant about system players. Jorignho is an extreme case - I have never encountered a player so dependant on 1 system to this extent. We have no real use for him outside of Sarri's very specific brand of football, but thankfully we do have the one coach who can replicate the one system that Jorginho flourishes in, so that either works or it doesn't, but, on paper, he has the conditions here to be great for Chelsea.
To me the problem with Jorginho is that Sarri has bulit his tactics around him being the pivot and the main focus of starting attacks. As soon as teams worked this out the better teams press him and his passing lanes become non existent.

If you watch the first 20 minutes of the game(painful for you I know!) At the Etihad when your defence or when Kepa had the ball there were at least one City player or most times two on him before he received the ball cutting that option off.

Difference yesterday was that Kante was a little deeper helping him out.

He's a decent player but Sarri must realise that against bigger and better teams he needs to use Jorginho differently

The video I posted originally has the overhead angle. The video in the second link shows both the overhead and presumably the goal line / offside camera angle for that side of the pitch.

Both show he should have been sent off but wasn’t because Moss bottled it (*incorrectly* not wanting to *correctly* give a red in the 2nd second of a final)... and almost no one in media is talking about it today!
The Aguero challenge on Winston Reid was shown by all the major outlets on a loop until the FA charged him with violent conduct.

No agenda though.

Sarri's style of football doesn't work in the premier league and it appears his style of management doesn't either. Fair enough Jorginho may be hindered by his system but I honestly believe we dodged a bullet when we didn't buy him.
Guardiola's style didn't work in the Premier League either, until it did.

As have I since yesterday, but for some reason I can’t find any footage of the midfield camera for that kickoff (which would have certainly been looking right at it, given that’s how they usually show kickoff in every other match), and I know for a fact that angle wasn’t shown on the global EFL/FA broadcast, as I was in a pub with a hundred City supporters that were all bewildered by the decision not to send him off and the incident not being shown from every angle on the broadcast.

Edit: did more digging and the video at the top of this article seems to be the best there is (watch till the end)—Moss’ fat torso and head blocks the incident a bit, but he was looking right at it and only gave a foul (not even even a yellow!). Again, why the midfield camera angle is not available I have no idea.

https://www.voetbalprimeur.be/video...conde-naar-rode-kaart-met-beuk-op-ag-ero.html
Why didn’t it go to VAR?

Fred needs a new club, both first choice players in his position were injured yesterday once Herrera went off and he ended up sitting on the bench while 2 kids and an injured player played, in one of their biggest games.

Fred must know he needs out after yesterday - it was clear Carrick would have got on before him yesterday.

It would have done had it been the other way around and Kun would have also been staring down the barrel of a subsequent ban as the assault was mentioned every single minute until they got the charge they want.
We are being right royally stitched up by PiGMOB.
Not to worry though it all evens itself out in the end.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.