José Ángel Pozo

I feel really sorry for the lad. Against Everton he was on the bench with Dzeko presumably in front of him. All he would have expected was maybe a cameo 5 minute performance. But after 2 minutes he`s plunged in at the deep end. The team could never have planned for this.
Today the same situation happened. With Jovetic and Dzeko taking part in Rome, all we would have expected from Pozo would have been a seat on the bench at best.
Hopefully now with a week`s preparation the team can work out a game plan that will get more out of Pozo. A week on the training field will be beneficial and I`m sure if he plays against Palace he will be more involved.

Thought he showed some good touches today.
He is only 18 and has been truly thrown to the lions playing as a single striker.
He obviously has the talent and sad to see some posters being so harsh on him.

I felt sorry for him. He looked out of his depth today but even when he made good runs his teammates wouldn't pass to him! He was offside an awful lot as well.

Hardly his fault though. Been thrown into the team with very little experience, he isn't a striker and there's a lot of pressure now on hik because our two strikers are out injured and the other lad who can play up front is also injured.

Burtonblue said:
He is only 18 and has been truly thrown to the lions playing as a single striker.

I don't think anyone's being harsh on him. The cold hard reality is that he is not even remotely ready, equipped or good enough for the role he's been handed. Not his fault at all, but if we're planning on starting him in the next half a dozen games, then sooner or later our luck will run out. Even though he's never gonna run the channels, I think we'll be better served with Toure up top. At least he'll give us a bit of presence if nothing else

Would love for it to work out but he isn't there. He isn't young. Top dollar players are making a mark at 18. He needs experience and we're not giving him a good one.

mcb1207 said:
Would love for it to work out but he isn't there. He isn't young. Top dollar players are making a mark at 18. He needs experience and we're not giving him a good one.

What do you mean he isn't young? He only turned 18 earlier this year.

And you seem to assume every great footballer is already making an impact at 18, but that's not true. Some burst on to the scene, some take years to develop. Just look at Yaya Toure, no major club bothered with him until he was close to his mid-20s.

mcb1207 said:
How's the dog and duck?

Exeter Blue I am here said:
Burtonblue said:

I don't think anyone's being harsh on him. The cold hard reality is that he is not even remotely ready, equipped or good enough for the role he's been handed. Not his fault at all, but if we're planning on starting him in the next half a dozen games, then sooner or later our luck will run out. Even though he's never gonna run the channels, I think we'll be better served with Toure up top. At least he'll give us a bit of presence if nothing else
I don't think he can play up top alone, he needs a partner to play off but some people here are saying he's not good enough period.
This is vastly premature.

Arsenal rejected Yaya as a 20 year old. Zlatan Ibrahimovic was ready to quit football at 15 to work at the docks in Malmo. Messi was 20 before he was banging in the goals on a regular basis and 21 when he was playing 40 games for Barcelona . If Manuel Pellegrini didn't trust Pozo he wouldn't of been near the squad and the likes of Sinclair may of got more of a look in.

Some people are being negative about Pozo.
Let us not criticise POZO - so early in his career. Bloody hell - that is not his position.
He was up against 2 experienced centre halfs. All we can say it is an experience for him being in the first team.
The first 25 mins. listening to Cheesy on Radio Manc. - I did not hear Nasri or Lampard mentioned. Then Nasri created one chance and lo and behold Lamps. scored his 175th Prem. goal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.