José Gayà

Kladze

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/557352/Arsenal-Man-City-Valencia-Jose-Luis-Gaya-Hijack

MANCHESTER CITY have entered the race to sign Arsenal target and Valencia star Jose Gaya.

The left-back has a release clause of just £13.5million, and is attracting interest from a number of top European sides after emerging as a key man at the Mestalla this season.

Real Madrid are keen to Gaya to the Santiago Bernabeu as a direct replacement for Portugal international Fabio Coentrao, but the player is though to favour a switch to England.

Arsenal were considering a late approach in the January transfer window for the 19-year-old, but Wenger instead decided to move at the end of the campaign following Nacho Monreal's recent impressive form.

However, the Gunners now face stiff competition from Premier League hopefuls City, with Manuel Pellegrini determined to add to his star-studded squad should he remain at the helm this summer.

Reports in Spain claim that the Chilean feels his defence is in need of fresh blood, and with Aleksandar Kolarov penning a new long-term deal earlier in the season, Gael Clichy will be the man to make way for Gaya's arrival.

The youngster will certainly have his pick of clubs this summer as a senior international call-up beckons, but could instead opt to remain with his boyhood club.

Hopefully Kolarov's replacement.

Kladze said:
http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/557352/Arsenal-Man-City-Valencia-Jose-Luis-Gaya-Hijack

MANCHESTER CITY have entered the race to sign Arsenal target and Valencia star Jose Gaya.

The left-back has a release clause of just £13.5million, and is attracting interest from a number of top European sides after emerging as a key man at the Mestalla this season.

Real Madrid are keen to Gaya to the Santiago Bernabeu as a direct replacement for Portugal international Fabio Coentrao, but the player is though to favour a switch to England.

Arsenal were considering a late approach in the January transfer window for the 19-year-old, but Wenger instead decided to move at the end of the campaign following Nacho Monreal's recent impressive form.

However, the Gunners now face stiff competition from Premier League hopefuls City, with Manuel Pellegrini determined to add to his star-studded squad should he remain at the helm this summer.

Reports in Spain claim that the Chilean feels his defence is in need of fresh blood, and with Aleksandar Kolarov penning a new long-term deal earlier in the season, Gael Clichy will be the man to make way for Gaya's arrival.

The youngster will certainly have his pick of clubs this summer as a senior international call-up beckons, but could instead opt to remain with his boyhood club.

Hopefully Kolarov's replacement.

Why? We have an 18 year old in Angelino who plays for the EDS. He may be a better player than this kid if he is given the chance.

If Kolarov leaves we will still have Sagna and Zabaleta who could play left back. Chelsea have a right footer who plays left back. We would be better signing another centre half.

Gaya is the best attacking left-back of his age I've seen in well... maybe ever. He is outstandingly good and gets up and down the pitch like a jet plane and is as dangerous as a winger. Defensively, being quite small, he has a lot of work to do, but he's the same size as Lahm and Marcelo, two of the best full-backs on the planet.

Regardless of how good Angelino is, if Gaya is available for £18m and there is a route to him, sign him. By the time Angelino has some experience, Clichy will be well into his 30s anyway so we could use both of them.

Fantastic young player, but I seem to remember hearing that he'd just signed a new contract, or was about to? I know Real were after him, but I thought he'd snubbed them to carry on playing for Valencia (who are a club very much on the rise) If he can be lured away at that price, then it's a no brainer as he's probably already better than both our leftbacks (you never know, we could always loan Angelino the other way to sweeten the deal?)

I would be surprised if he left Valencia though, it would be a strange thing to do, to leave your boyhood club who have put so much faith in you and are really going places. He's the reason they let Bernat go to Bayern

LoveCity said:
Gaya is the best attacking left-back of his age I've seen in well... maybe ever. He is outstandingly good and gets up and down the pitch like a jet plane and is as dangerous as a winger. Defensively, being quite small, he has a lot of work to do, but he's the same size as Lahm and Marcelo, two of the best full-backs on the planet.

Regardless of how good Angelino is, if Gaya is available for £18m and there is a route to him, sign him. By the time Angelino has some experience, Clichy will be well into his 30s anyway so we could use both of them.

Well I haven't seen him to say he is that good or isn't. Either way it is a gamble and one I personally don't think we need to take. We have enough to cover that position at the moment. We can't buy everyone and we should be looking at strengthening our weakest positions. Which for me is at Cente Half and midfield.

Given the links.......We have obviously recognised this as a position of weakness,so hopefully whoever we sign they are top quality and are here to stay a few years.
Like above,if this lad is as good as the hype,him and Angelino could be a dream pairing.

If we sign Gaya, I'd be excited. First player City would have signed that I wanted since Aguero. Either him or Willems. Both strike me as 2 of the most impressive attacking LBs have seen in a while. Gaya does play more as a wingback though, with 3 CBs. And the left side CB, Orban, is actually a regular LB. He is the leftsided Zabaletta. Aggressive, takes no prisoner, tackling machine. I hope we get Gaya though.

From what people have said here and the little I have seen on Youtube and reading about him he looks as if he could be a very good signing.

Left back is a weakness.

If City feel he is the player to go for then great. He certainly is fast, committed and puts a very nice cross in. Not too bad with his right foot either.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.