Jose Mourinho | Sacked by Roma (p34)

England please.

We win the world cup if he takes over, or come very close.
Not a bad shout that. Follow in the footsteps of the dour Ramsey. There would be a bit of a clamour on here to get the more 'adventurous' waistcoat back though. Not a chance that the suits at the FA would sanction Mourinho though.

Time and Place
Football evolves and you become dated, So 2024 and FFP will see Jose becoming your manager a major risk.
With clubs today there is no quick fix by throwing big money at it and hoping you can win titles or get a top 4 place.

Jose was never a builder manager and put the right foundations down, He's always been in and out by 3 years and moves on to the next big paycheck and major signings. Old school rules before FFP, Newcastle would be right up his street and he would win the Premier League and maybe a couple of cups,

The best place for Jose right now is international football, Maybe at Brazil for the next World Cup or his home team

England please.

We win the world cup if he takes over, or come very close.
I'm not so sure.

He's not well known for being a tactical master - and if people complain about Southgate being pragmatic and dull, then he's likely to be no different.

I feel like it would be very similar to the Fabio Capello years.

He totally engineered this so he could accept the big money offer from Saudi.

He had taken Toma as far as they were going, but bringing them European “glory,” and there was not going to be any big investment to get him to the next level there, so pull the ripcord!

Simply managing his future wealth at this point, and in a few years I’d expect him to be on the beach or an international pundit.

The advances in the game have moved beyond his style and his behavior has become schtick, thus his time was pretty much up. Time to line the coffers with a last big pay day.

He might be able to coach a team, but managing is a different ball game. The latter involves having the ability to coax the best out of the players at your disposal. Be a friend, a confidante, an ally to your players. Good managers can bring the best out of their players simply by standing shoulder-to-shoulder with them. Maureen throws his players under the bus on such a regular basis he should wear a bloody great big cloak with a huge hood, and carry a long-handled scythe and call himself the grim reaper.

Look at the affection many clubs have for former managers: supporters that still sing their names although they may well be long dead and buried.

I would imagine many fans of the clubs that Maureen has poisoned along the way are wishing he himself was dead and buried.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.