Jose Mourinho | Sacked by Roma (p34)

Don't think I said that?
Are you sure?

tenor.gif

@JimB

I’m not usually one to blow my own trumpet, but I did warn you

I’m not usually one to blow my own trumpet, but I did warn you
You were indeed right. But I didn't need to be warned! I was well aware of what could happen but, as fans, we can only support our team and give our managers and players a fair crack of the whip.

As you know, I wasn't in favour of the appointment at the beginning. I never felt that he was a good fit for our club. But his record of success is undeniable and, once appointed, I had to hope that he could turn our serial near misses into serious silverware. So I kept an open mind. There were brief moments when things looked promising but, even when some were talking about a genuine title tilt late last year, I knew that it was only a matter of time before the wheels came off. We were getting results but playing terribly - easily conceding possession, territory and chances against. It simply wasn't sustainable.

I have been eagerly waiting for this day. I ought to be celebrating the fact that he has gone. And I am, in a way. But it all seems a bit meaningless now. What does it matter that we have rid ourselves of an unpopular manager when we have shamed ourselves by signing up to the ESL?

Last two copa libertadores have been won by Portuguese coaches at Brazilian super clubs.

He has plenty of cash and doesn't need to manage in Europe anymore. He should go manage a project in Brazil and become the first manager to win the Champions league and the libertadores.

Confirmed Mason till end of the season.

Obviously don't give a fuck now they are in the super League.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.