Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's wrong with Laporte?
To be fair, it would only make sense to be after Gvardiol if Laporte was leaving, so I can understand leaving him out in the hypothetical scenario where we sign this guy. I don’t think Ake leaving opens up enough space to justify the outlay on someone that would expect to start most games. Makes sense to me that either our interest is real and Laporte is leaving, or our interest isn’t real and Laporte is staying.

I think if you follow City there is a plan and it doesn’t seem to involve allowing players to leave in their prime.

Both Ake and Laporte will have 2 years left on their contract, so if either City want to sell or they do not want to sign, now is the season to do it with the fall back that we cannot be held to ransom next year.

I for one can see a change from Laporte and potentially wanting to play back in Spain. Ake I feel wants a first team spot and is just below (although I’m a big fan). Akanji seems to have the ability to replace him for cheaper and was just brought in earlier.

I see it being Laporte/ Ake out and first choice player/ Akanji replacement.

This lad obviously ticks a lot of boxes and given the price of Akanji could be cost neutral overall. Expect Pau Torres to be under consideration as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.