journalist Jonathan Norcroft and Colin Savage talk FFP

Payments have clearly been made to the hacker - who faces quite serious criminal charges. It’s inevitable that any payments made will emerge from court proceedings (this will be needed to prove he profited from his illegal activities) and whilst some effort will have been made to disguise the source the Portuguese state prosecutor will be able (we’d hope) to identify the source. It could be DS but more likely a third party and almost certainly that third party will be linked to a football club or a party linked to a football club. Liverpool, United, Bayern (possibly a combination of) - wouldn’t that be nice.

Really enjoyed that, thanks.

One observation on the question of owners stretching the rules. I don't like it either but it strikes me as a natural consequence of the collision of two worlds: sports and business.

In sports, "fair play" has always been central, even if not always in practice.

Corporate business has no concept of fair pay. Corporate giants are constantly taking decisions based on cost/benefit. This can mean deliberately violating regulation if the cost of censure is considered less than the cost of compliance. And depending on your political viewpoint is either immoral or amoral.

In footfall, these worlds now sit side by side, and, put simply, they collide.

Payments have clearly been made to the hacker - who faces quite serious criminal charges. It’s inevitable that any payments made will emerge from court proceedings (this will be needed to prove he profited from his illegal activities) and whilst some effort will have been made to disguise the source the Portuguese state prosecutor will be able (we’d hope) to identify the source. It could be DS but more likely a third party and almost certainly that third party will be linked to a football club or a party linked to a football club. Liverpool, United, Bayern (possibly a combination of) - wouldn’t that be nice.

Another option is that he offers up the information himself in order to negotiate a lesser sentence. If it turns out it was a club (or clubs) paying him to dish the dirt then that is far worse than anything City are alleged to have done. I wouldn't have thought any club would be so stupid to do such a thing but you just never know and if it turns out to be the case then the narrative will completely change.
If there are any clubs behind it, then I'd hazard a guess that it would be Spanish or German clubs and not English clubs, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Rags and Dippers were egging it on from the sidelines.

Another option is that he offers up the information himself in order to negotiate a lesser sentence. If it turns out it was a club (or clubs) paying him to dish the dirt then that is far worse than anything City are alleged to have done. I wouldn't have thought any club would be so stupid to do such a thing but you just never know and if it turns out to be the case then the narrative will completely change.
If there are any clubs behind it, then I'd hazard a guess that it would be Spanish or German clubs and not English clubs, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Rags and Dippers were egging it on from the sidelines.
Just imagine for one minute the payments from the C Island are linked to our green & gold friends.

Don't think I'd be sober this side of 2020.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.