Joy Division / New Order thread

I'm still buzzing this morning. Phenomenal gig.
Was it?

Been into the since 83 but stopped going to see them after I realised I’d stopped enjoying it. Think the last one was Blackpool or Liverpool about 10-15 years ago and Barney had an autocue and was doing banter between the songs. I watched the Glasto gig on telly and had to turn it off. He sounded awful. Not awful like in tbe 89s when it was part of the appeal but just awful full stop.

But loads of my mates went last night and they are all raving about it. Maybe I’m just a moaning twat and I should have gone after all.

I don't think the current members of NO are interested in football. Bernard is too arty, Steve & Gillian are too busy playing happy families, Tom is French so has no Manchester football affiliations & Phil is a hardcore muso who also loves his real ale!
The only “member” of New Order who cared about football was Rob who followed City home and away.

Was it?

Been into the since 83 but stopped going to see them after I realised I’d stopped enjoying it. Think the last one was Blackpool or Liverpool about 10-15 years ago and Barney had an autocue and was doing banter between the songs. I watched the Glasto gig on telly and had to turn it off. He sounded awful. Not awful like in tbe 89s when it was part of the appeal but just awful full stop.

But loads of my mates went last night and they are all raving about it. Maybe I’m just a moaning twat and I should have gone after all.
Massive crowd and great vibe. No pissing about by Barney, just straight up have that tunes. Sorry to say Dave but you did miss a treat, best i've ever seen them.

Never forget an interview with Hook and when asked about Man City he compared us to a tramp down an alley who finds a wad of cash. In other words classless. At least Hucknall has said it’s healthy for Manchester to have two strong teams and he welcomed it.
Personally I like to separate football from music - otherwise you’d find a reason not to like anyone

There's a reason the song the rest of the band wrote about Hooky was called "Plastic". "You don't mean nothing, baby. You're superficial".

Massive crowd and great vibe. No pissing about by Barney, just straight up have that tunes. Sorry to say Dave but you did miss a treat, best i've ever seen them.
Can’t have been better than Warrington Spectrum arena in 1985 where it was 60p a pint, my mates brother gave me my fist dab of whizz and there was a big off between Manchester and Liverpool.

One of my all time fav bands, i must have got unlucky, seen them live four times and they were terrible every time with their “cant be arsed attitude”

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.