Joy Division / New Order thread

If you've got a spare few grand here is John Peel's copy of Ideal For Living complete with letter from Rob Gretton

If you've got a spare few grand here is John Peel's copy of Ideal For Living complete with letter from Rob Gretton

Only ever seen this very rare item the once.in Nottingham. 1983/84
Selectadisc Record shop,bridlesmith gate,upstairs in the 2nd hand / rarities section.it was going for £60 then,which,back then was a lot of money for a record.
It was hung at the back of the shop counter on display for a few days at that price.i was in awe of it.i was in there every day looking for vinyl.....That expensive priced 2nd hand item simply took over the whole record shop.
The mancunian produced item...basically owned selectadisc records for those few days.....brash,rare,exquisite,....I knew little about Joy Division back then ( I was just into New order)no way was I paying £60 for it, but you just had to take a look at it...

Only ever seen this very rare item the once.in Nottingham. 1983/84
Selectadisc Record shop,bridlesmith gate,upstairs in the 2nd hand / rarities section.it was going for £60 then,which,back then was a lot of money for a record.
It was hung at the back of the shop counter on display for a few days at that price.i was in awe of it.i was in there every day looking for vinyl.....That expensive priced 2nd hand item simply took over the whole record shop.
The mancunian produced item...basically owned selectadisc records for those few days.....brash,rare,exquisite,....I knew little about Joy Division back then ( I was just into New order)no way was I paying £60 for it, but you just had to take a look at it...
Only saw it once myself, around that same time. One of the stalls that were in the Corn Exchange on a Saturday morning had it.

I never knew An Ideal For Living was initially released on a label that wasn't Factory.
I was a big vinyl collector back in the day.
The mystery around this item was major,esp for a non- mancunian.
It was just the rarest of the rare.Glad to say I've seen and touched a copy..
Was this Joy divisions most collectable disc...?
I seem to remember a flexi disc 'incubation' or something similar....I'm going back years now.
The non Factory label thing only added to the mystery...as a collector.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.