Joy Division / New Order thread

I’ll hold my hands up here,
I’ve got loads of respect for New Order but they’re not my go to band because they came a bit late for me.
However, I can speak up with a big shout out for Peter Hook -because my daughters went to school with his daughter.
Him & Carolyn Aherne were good people from what I saw of them at school evenings & nativity plays etc. But it did kick off a sometimes, most notably at a nativity, if I’m right from memory, when Carolyn kicked him in the spuds for some reason.
Absolute tragedy what happened to her & and, in many ways, to him, because IMO they were magnificent with each other in the right situation.

I’ll hold my hands up here,
I’ve got loads of respect for New Order but they’re not my go to band because they came a bit late for me.
However, I can speak up with a big shout out for Peter Hook -because my daughters went to school with his daughter.
Him & Carolyn Aherne were good people from what I saw of them at school evenings & nativity plays etc. But it did kick off a sometimes, most notably at a nativity, if I’m right from memory, when Carolyn kicked him in the spuds for some reason.
Absolute tragedy what happened to her & and, in many ways, to him, because IMO they were magnificent with each other in the right situation.
Moston Fields Primary School?
My 2 girls were there and I turned up for the Nativity play one year and I scanned around the hall and there was Hooky wearing a Russian fur style winter hat and video recording it.
I nudged the parent next to me and said "That's Peter Hook from New Order over there..."
I then realised i was in my late 30's with a 8 and 6 year old, while the woman I nudged was a 21 year old with a 6 year old, when she said "Who?"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.