Joy Division / New Order thread

I’m always envious of people like you as you’ve got all this great music to discover. Give ACR a go too.
I am 32 and have recently appreciated music more than I ever have. I have enjoyed discovering new music from the past and present having reached saturation point with lot of mainstream indie/rock.

I'm enjoying New Order's early stuff, you can hear the transition from JD in to NO, it's kind of a hybrid NO-JD before they fully take the electronic route. Ceremony is a beautiful tune which would sum this up although I think it was originally a JD track never released.

One of the worst live bands i have seen on par with the Fall but at least with Mark E you held your breath to see what would unfold

One of the worst live bands i have seen on par with the Fall but at least with Mark E you held your breath to see what would unfold
Don't think either band would claim to be regarded as great live bands tbh. Never too sure what New Orders excuse was whereas with Mark it was probably how much he'd had to drink beforehand

Moston Fields Primary School?
My 2 girls were there and I turned up for the Nativity play one year and I scanned around the hall and there was Hooky wearing a Russian fur style winter hat and video recording it.
I nudged the parent next to me and said "That's Peter Hook from New Order over there..."
I then realised i was in my late 30's with a 8 and 6 year old, while the woman I nudged was a 21 year old with a 6 year old, when she said "Who?"
you know the drill..

I am 32 and have recently appreciated music more than I ever have. I have enjoyed discovering new music from the past and present having reached saturation point with lot of mainstream indie/rock.

I'm enjoying New Order's early stuff, you can hear the transition from JD in to NO, it's kind of a hybrid NO-JD before they fully take the electronic route. Ceremony is a beautiful tune which would sum this up although I think it was originally a JD track never released.
Yes Ceremony was only performed live by JD and then recorded by NO

Joy Division and New Order famously through Factory records never put singles on the Albums. Hence the Substance compilations. New Order only started releasing singles from the Technique album onwards

Ahhhhhh that makes sense to me now. As mentioned in the NO thread, I'm just discovering a lot of JD's music.

I'm not a fan of compilations (not a snob, just think an album delivers a consistent flow theme/story) but I'm tempted to get the JD Substance LP as Closer and UP doesn't contain any singles (although both good albums).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.