Joy Division / New Order thread

Ahhhhhh that makes sense to me now. As mentioned in the NO thread, I'm just discovering a lot of JD's music.

I'm not a fan of compilations (not a snob, just think an album delivers a consistent flow theme/story) but I'm tempted to get the JD Substance LP as Closer and UP doesn't contain any singles (although both good albums).
If you want to push the boat out with Joy Division if you can find it try the Heart And Soul boxset. Got everything they ever recorded on there plus some live stuff. Pretty definitive

Ahhhhhh that makes sense to me now. As mentioned in the NO thread, I'm just discovering a lot of JD's music.

I'm not a fan of compilations (not a snob, just think an album delivers a consistent flow theme/story) but I'm tempted to get the JD Substance LP as Closer and UP doesn't contain any singles (although both good albums).

Substance by New Order album by either of the 2 bands.

Now the New Order boxset Nightmare Walking might like or have is called Retro and has 4 discs with one a remix disc compiled by City Fan and Hacienda DJ Mike Pickering full of remixes. You can probably pick that up for £30.
I have that. The one I have has a bird and a disco ball on the front I think. It also has 5 cds in it. Some of them came out with a bonus extra disc.
Its alright, but I still prefer Substance

Sorry to ask this again, but as someone who never listened to NO (I felt so bereft of JD after Curtis), I feel I ought to give them a go, after all these years. Which CDs should I start with? I swear I'll note it down this time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.